Monday, October 29, 2012

HURRICANE SANDY


Posted by PicasaHow would you like to have this barreling down on you? Oh I would be very nervous. A monster storm colliding with a huge cold front it will no doubt be a disaster, people will die and people will be hurt and displaced. 
My husband and I were talking this morning and years past you rarely heard of a hurricane coming into the eastern seaboard. It is global warming how can some  dispute that? There are to many weather issues that are related to global warming for one to turn his back and pretend it does not exist. For one just take one look at our melting glaciers.

It is so warm here today in the northwest. We hear that all the cold air is being sucked away into the cold front so that leaves us almost tropical for this time of year. I have the door open at this point and the air feels balmy.
We did have a downpour last night however. It woke me about two and it was just a roar outside a constant pounding for almost a hour.  I had a hard time going back to sleep as my brain switched on. Oh how I dislike that.  I keep saying to myself, sleep, don't think. Well I finally made it into a dreamland state and I am awakened to the rumbling of hubby's not so delicate snoring......sometimes I almost give up on a decent nights sleep. The mattress alone is a huge determent let alone all the other disturbances.

We are heading out to lunch about noon I am not eating this morning as I want to be hungry for that burger I will also nibble at some of hubbies onion rings though I am not a fan. You get your choice of fries or the rings and we do not want both....just too much. He loves the way they make their onion rings, double dipped and well seasoned.

Tonight for dinner as we will not require much we are having lobster omelets. I am taking one oversize frozen lobster tail thawing it and chopping the meat and sauteing in a pan of butter till translucent then will set aside. I will then tuck the lobster inside the omelet. I will sprinkle some fresh grated Parmesan and scallions over the top. Sounds about perfect, we will also split the omelet as we normally do. I always make one large omelet it is easier and more time efficient than making two. I do a three way close on the omelet. Each side comes over and then you flip it over.....so easy.

Tomorrow I am out and about once more. Still looking for a new mattress set. I am seriously looking for a sale. One should never buy bedding unless it is 50% off there is such a huge mark up on mattress's. I know as I have sold them in the past so I know well how it is.

I have nothing to write about today so I will get on with my to-do's and figure what I will wear on my little date this afternoon. I always love a date with my hubby:)
Me




No comments:

Post a Comment