Sunday, October 14, 2012

WHAT A CHORE


Posted by PicasaThis was surely a chore this afternoon. It took about three hours to clean all that is in this cabinet and also clean the sideboard(no photo). So all the dishes, stemware etc were washed and dried the glass in the cabinet cleaned and the wood surfaces cleaned. 
I was right all I had to do was reorganize it all and reclaim some wasted space and it all looked much better. I need a cabinet twice this size but the wall that it sits on dictated the size. Just around the side wall the sideboard sits and it needs to be there as the bottom of it holds an assortment of vases, specialty serving dishes etc and our alcohol and martini shakers, carafes and decanters.
There are three drawers in the sideboard. One holds an array of  candles and holders, waxes, oils etc. Another holds all my cloth napkins some of which have been with me for forty some years. I still cherish them as they given by friends or loved ones. Some I made out of designer fabric's from when I worked at a design center. One large drawer is for my table runners and place mats. So all needs to be in that space adjacent to the dining table. For napkin rings and ties I have a good size woven basket with a lid that sits atop the sideboard. We entertained more in the past than we do now but I still set a pretty table for when we have quests for dinner and especially over the holidays. Making a tablescape is one of my favorite things and sometimes the table is set a couple of days ahead. My daughter who knows me so well sometimes say's, how long has the table been set Mom? Do the dishes need rewashing? 
This cabinet cleaning project has been nagging at me as Thanksgiving is coming and all who sit at the table would see the dirty glass and disarray in the cabinet. So today'special project plus four loads of laundry have been accomplished. 
It is now three pm and guess what I am going to do? Your right! Sit in my chair with my feet up and my nose in my current book. I just read a FB post of my daughters. She said, a cozy fire in the fireplace, my book and a glass of cab. What could be better? I so agree and will be in the same scene in a few moments.

Here it is Sunday morning. It is clear today which is a surprise as we expected clouds and perhaps showers.
So I will walk today. Some tree's are mass of color now however our street tree's in front of the house are still green but slowly fading to gold.
Hubby and I are both sneezing like crazy. Some one mentioned the other day on the radio about fall allergies. So that must be it as we do not have colds.

I am butterflying and roasting a large fryer this afternoon. I love roasting chicken. The house just fills with this amazing aroma. I cannot decide whether to make cinnamon rolls made from my grammy's bread recipe or lemon nut muffins. Both sound good.

My project today is to tidy up the linen closet. It is a huge closet and I tend to just toss things in there at times. It will not take long but surely needs to be spruced up.

I will leave you and go make myself a little breakfast. Maybe  a slice of nine grain toast and a small dish of my homemade applesauce. That sounds about perfect.

Have a great Sunday. Go for walk if it nice where you are. Nothing better than taking a stroll in the fall.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment