Wednesday, October 17, 2012

BROTHER JACK'S BIRTHDAY


Posted by PicasaToday is October 17th my brother John William Nesbitt's(Jack as he is known) birthday. He is 83 years young! And I mean that. This photo was taken this past July. That man is healthy except for a bout of gout at times. He takes no medications except for the gout. He is active and stays fit. He moves around better than I do and looks fifteen years younger than his age. I love and adore him so and I am so proud of him because more than anything he is a fine human being.
So Happy Birthday dear brother.

Last evening we took our first hot tub. Crystal clear hot water, oh it felt so good. Did not stay in long as it was late already. We watched the presidential debate before going in. We needed some relaxation after watching that aggressive debate. 
The stars were a glitter and it was so peaceful. We only stayed in about twenty minutes but it was enough to unwind.

This morning we woke to thick fog and it still lingers three hours later though is not as dense. It was so heavy this morning it was actually dripping, first time I have seen that. It is chilly this morning also. I believe it is about time to start the furnace in the mornings.

I never made muffins yesterday I got sidetracked so today I am going to make cinnamon rolls instead with my grammy's bread recipe. I put nuts, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon inside them. On top I make a glaze of cream cheese and powered sugar and vanilla to drizzle over them.
Has anyone noticed the price of walnuts right now? Hello, nine dollars a pound, say what? I bought just enough for the rolls. I think I will run out to the farms for a few things and buy some of our wonderful Oregon hazel nuts(filberts). They are probably more reasonable than walnuts. I will keep them on hand for my baking.

Well I need to get my day started. I will spend a good deal of time in the office today. Filing, sorting, paying bills etc. 
Tomorrow is grocery shopping for the week so I must make up a menu and grocery list also. I like to get to the grocery early in the morning as there is no one there.
Have a nice hump day.


No comments:

Post a Comment