Monday, October 15, 2012

HALLOWEEN DECOR


Posted by PicasaWell that time of year is almost upon us.
Halloween. The holiday of witches, goblins, ghosts and all things that go bump in the night.
I recall when my children were small they rarely got to wear a cute custom. We lived in cold snow country so at Halloween time it was usually freezing if not snowing. I would drive them around our small town and drop them here and there, they would trudge along the streets bundled in their coats, boots and stocking hats. Then back into the warm car with their cold red cheeks and runny noses and freezing hands. Not too much fun I am thinking but they seemed to love it, it was that stash of candy in their bags that they loved.... I'm no fool.



Here is a photo of the roasted butterflied chicken I roasted last evening. It was so yummy. Crispy on the outside and juicy inside  I do not eat the skin it just never has appealed to me but hubby does. We have a good deal leftover as I thought we may as it was well over a five pound chicken. So tonight it will be morphed into chicken divan and the next night chicken taco's. So it will be well utilized. 
I love to make a large chicken just for those reasons alone. Always it is nice to have a chicken on hand to make up into sandwiches, soups, casseroles or what not.

Well I have another project today. After thoroughly cleaning out my china cabinet and sideboard I moved on to clean my huge linen closet yesterday and now this afternoon it is my walk-in closet. I have a large closet to myself as I use the one in the adjacent guest room. However as nice as it is for all my wardrobe and shoes etc it does get cluttered with extra things.......an assortment of the oddest items are perched on the shelves and stacked on the floor. Usually when this happens it is time to take a car load to St. Vinnie's. So as soon as I post this I am off to spend a hour or so in my closet. I do not mind as today I feel rather house wifey and industrious.

Until another day.




No comments:

Post a Comment