Saturday, October 27, 2012

COMING SOON TO A TABLE LIKE YOURS


Posted by PicasaYes that day is nearing. Truly my husband loves Thanksgiving because it is all about the food and the gathering of family and football.  He is not a fan of Christmas as we all know what the holiday has turned into. A big commercial event with buy buy buy and more buying. There is very little left of the true meaning of Christmas.  On Christmas eve we have a lovely meal we make it romantic style. We exchange our small gifts to one another pop open some champagne and spend the remainder of the evening watching a holiday movie and then perhaps a soak in the hot tub weather permitting. 
Christmas day finds us making a meal of ham with all the trimmings. My rum cake is always present and my grandmother's Christmas cookies. Sometimes a pie sometimes not depending if we have company for Christmas dinner. My son Mike always tries to join us if possible. He was here last year and brought a friend that had no plans. So we had four at our table. My daughter has her kids and significant others and also her guy and maybe his kids. So a big group there in Portland.

Today is atrocious outdoors. It has been non-stop rain for the past two hours now. Leaves are plastered like wallpaper to the streets, the windows are blurred, lawns looking like green sponges but indoors I have it cozy. The furnace is on and the little electric fireplace is inviting. I have my wax pot filled with the scent of oatmeal cookie.  Hubby will be home about two this afternoon. We will then watch the game as he put it to record as it starts at noon.
I need to think of a little snack to have while watching the OREGON game this afternoon. Maybe just some simple popcorn would be good. We will have pizza this evening. So we will just snuggle in and let the rain have it's way.

If I lived on the east coast I would be getting nervous about now. I have never lived anywhere that I was plagued with storms, tornado's, hurricanes and such. It is quite placid here in the northwest. Maybe the BIG ONE (quake) is going to get us all and make up for all the normality.
My heart does go out to all the folks that are expecting that huge storm. They may not have power for days on end, snow, flooding, wind and so forth. It is so hard on the older generation and can be life threatening without heat. Let us hope and pray it is not bad as predicted.

I have a few chores today to attend to. 
Of course I wear the OREGON gear for all the games. Even though their true colors are green and gold. They have now become every shade of green, yellow, lime, black, gray and white. But hey it makes it easier for me to find the colors to wear.
Enjoy the game if you are watching..........GO DUCKS! 


No comments:

Post a Comment