Friday, October 26, 2012

MR. PUMPKINHEAD MAN AGAIN


Posted by PicasaI More than likely posted this photo about this time last year and probably the year before as I make him every year though I did not this year. I stuff the clothes with towels and papers and use rubber bands and a belt to keep him all together. Of course he always enjoys a little rum while he is hanging out waiting for the tricker-treaters. He is quite a character and does startle me on occasion when I forget he is sitting in the living room.

Cloudy here in the Willamette valley today. Though no rain has started. I am so thrilled that yesterday the universe gave us that gift of beautiful sun and mild temps.

I put the ingredients for a beef burgandy stew in the slow cooker this morning. I so love that dinner is cooking away today as I attend to other things. I do us my Crock-pot quite often. The Crock-pot I have is a seventies model the brown and cream color and the small round size. It is very old and still works perfect. I love the idea that this is the same pot I used when my children were young.
I am so entranced with the slow cooker bags that came out a few years ago. How wonderful that your slow cooker stays clean.
So tonight beef stew with whole wheat artisan rolls. My hubby will be late tonight so this type of meal is perfect he can dish up whenever. When we were RV-er's I always had the Crock-pot along. I would set it up outside on a table next to the motor coach. That way the smell would not linger in the coach for days on end. It was so handy to fill the pot in the morning with something yummy for dinner and go about our day, biking, rafting, hiking or whatever it was. When we returned dinner was waiting. Never once did we have a problem with an animal getting into it, or someone stealing our dinner.

We have football tomorrow at noon. OREGON plays Colorado. They have the least impressive record in our Pac 12 so it will another game I suppose where after the first half our second and third teams will play. We must kept our starters healthy. The game is here in our stadium and it is to rain. Well our Ducks are more than used to that weather they just waddle and fly right through it.
Hubby is working tomorrow but is going to record the game and we will watch together when he gets home. He should not be to late. We are having pizza tomorrow as I do not want to be bothered with cooking.

I have run out of chatter. So I am off now to do some much needed house cleaning. I am looking forward to reading late afternoon. I will turn off the music and just listen to the fountain in the living room. It is so peaceful and makes me feel so content.
Best get to chores.



No comments:

Post a Comment