Tuesday, July 22, 2014

BEEF STROGANOFF

This is the real deal. No burger and cream of mushroom soup in this baby. 
Sauce made from scratch, fresh mushrooms, onions, wine, sour cream and for the beef tonight I using what I had on hand in the freezer which a sirloin steak and piece of chuck steak. I will remove the fat from both and pound them a bit to even out the cuts and then cut into bite size pieces flour and salt and pepper and saute them before adding them to the sauce to simmer and become tender. This is a good dish and I have already posted the recipe on this blog. If interested and missed it last time you will have to search it out as I have not the inclination to go searching for it myself. Lazy me.

Our dinner last night was so good. I decided to make a shrimp Louie's with some of our luscious shrimp from Belize. I also used our first cuke and tomato from the garden as I mentioned yesterday. I did hard boil eggs as I changed my mind from making an aloi dressing to a thousand island dressing. I made us sourdough garlic toast to go along with. We got very full on that salad as it was loaded with rich shrimp.

It is soft day today, a pale blue and gray sky mingling, the ground is damp from a small shower that passed through last evening and the air is fresh smelling of moisture and earth. I like it just fine. And I do hope that we will get another shower today to do more than dampen the ground.

My son has already called this morning. We had a nice chat as always. He said it was gray also east the mountains where he lives. They are still under red flag warnings there. They need a good rain storm without lightening to give the area a good soaking. It is so dangerous where he lives for the threat of forest fire. We try not to worry about it.

I have spent another morning in the office. When my husband is loaded with work there is always something needing done. I needed to fax a couple proposals and mail some billing statements, personal bills needed my attention, filing as always. At least the top of the desk is visible once more.

I just received the wedding invitation in the mail for my grandson Tyson's wedding to Lyndsey. The wedding is to be held at Champooeg Park outside of Portland. It is lovely venue with the Willamette river winding through the park. I am sure it will be a semi- casual affair as many of the guests are camping there for the weekend. It is September 7th a Sunday at one in the afternoon. I surely hope the weather will be agreeable. Usually in western Oregon that is a pleasant time of year but who can say for sure. There is a pavilion there so I suppose if it were to shower there would be that option. These are two wonderful young people and along with their little daughter Olivia they are a beautiful family.

So I am procrastinating now. I did half of the laundry yesterday the remainder will be done today. My project today is make some apple fritters as I still have a couple granny smith apples from the farm. Oh these are so good, tender and wonderful rolled in cinnamon sugar. Also I will wax my living room furniture and clean the glass and vacuum the floors and area rugs. Then this afternoon I am going to make a shopping list for tomorrow as I will be out and about I will make a stop at Walmart for paper and drugstore supplies and nearby is a lovely market that carries a lot of organic foods and a good variety of items you do not see in chain grocery stores. It is always a fun place to go in and scout around. Their bakery is amazing carrying a lot of the local bake goods. 

So with no more said. 
I am outta here as it sounds as if I have much to do today.




No comments:

Post a Comment