Saturday, July 12, 2014

VOLATILE WEATHER

The weather is to be HOT. But it is also threatening as thunderstorms are expected in many areas. After we left my sons home east of La Pine last Tuesday there was a wild storm that tore through his area. My son was visiting a friend in a different area of La Pine and was not aware of what was happening at his home. When he returned home early evening the power crews were repairing downed power lines and poles. Throughout his development there were downed trees and on his property there were several down or broken. The ground was covered with hail and all was drenched including his big bear of a dog. He said it appeared that a storm just roared through that area with high winds and hail and rain.
I am very thankful that we had left that very morning. For he had no power for the entire night into the next morning. He is thankful no trees fell on his home or shop. If our little trailer were still parked there it would have been scary for me.
Lightening strikes are expected on the eastern slope of the Cascades and in my son's area throughout the weekend. Forest fire is a huge concern in central Oregon where so many dead trees abound. Let us keep the faith that all the folks living there will be safe.
This morning we have the same weather as yesterday morning. Low threatening clouds. It really never cleared yesterday until late in the afternoon and looked as if it would rain all day. Our forecast for today is 95. So we will see what occurs. We may also have a thunderstorm today, they are forecasts for tomorrow.

Our dinner last evening was delish and I will use my butter blend again. After I took the steak from the grill I slathered it in butter mixed with fresh cut chopped Italian parsley and mashed garlic. I covered it tight with foil and let it rest for ten minutes while I sauteed the zucchini. After I removed the foil from the steak the butter had melted into and over the steak leaving the green chopped parsley looking like a chimichuri sauce over the top of the steak. Oh the flavor was amazing.
Tonight for dinner I making Quiche Lorraine. I make that a couple of times a year. It is not the healthiest meal with pie crust, bacon, swiss cheese and cream. But I temper it with a nice fresh green salad with a light dressing.

My husband started a big job this weekend. So I have the weekend to myself. I am looking forward to my time alone. I have much I want to accomplish. My deck is waiting for a good cleaning. I have a new tablecloth to adorn my patio table it is in bright primary colors and will add much to the space out there. I need to fertilize my flowers and herbs. I must say my Italian parsley is taking over the herb barrel. It is growing so fast I cannot keep up with it and I use is almost daily in something or other.

I am going to leave you now and have a piece of cinnamon toast and then lace up my walking shoes and walk. Then home to spend my quiet day doing what I please.
Oh I see now the sun is peeking through and burning off the clouds.....yeah.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment