Thursday, July 17, 2014

ME AND MY PIANO

Here I am sitting in front of my new purchase in the eighties. I bought this old 1800's piano at a piano event in Bend where we were living. The minute I put my fingers to the keys I knew I had to have it. It has a incredible tone something like I have never heard. I had been without a piano for some time. I sold my childhood piano when I got married in 1960. It was a gorgeous piece of work a solid cherry wood goddess. It was in perfect condition with much detailed woodwork. I adored that piano but I was moving to California a newlywed not knowing how many times I may move and huge heavy upright piano had no where to fit into my plans. So there was no piano in my life for quite a few years until we rented a home outside of La Pine in central Oregon when my children were very young and it came furnished with a piano. I so enjoyed that for the three years we lived there but then I was piano-less once again. I was determined at some point in time I would have another piano. So here I am in the photo so pleased to finally have a piano back in my life. I still have this piano all these years later. It has moved over seventeen times in the past 30 years and it has never needed tuning. Now that is some piano!

A little cooler today I can feel it in the air and I am thankful for the decrease in temps. 
Today is my grocery shopping and out to the farm for produce day. So it will be nice that the weather has cooled just a tad.

I just came in from watering my herbs and flowers. Oh what a lovely morning. There were few sounds out there early this morning only the jays and the patter of the squirrels feet and they sailed along the fence tops.
The sky is deep blue and the air seems clear. We are so near the farms sometimes in summer we have dust. But all is pristine on the this grand day.

Tonight for dinner it is time for a grilled salmon Cesar salad once again. I will make up the dressing this morning so it has time to meld. I will serve sliced toasted chabatta bread to go alongside. 

The pizza last night was delish as always. Boy I have that pizza crust and sauce nailed. It is so mouthwatering beautiful when it comes out of that 500 degree oven it makes me proud. We ate heartily last night to each others hums of appreciation.

Well I must go now and get my house tidy, shower and out the door I go.
Have a nice Thursday if you are on FB it is Throw back Thursday. I am posting this photo on there today. A girl and her piano.
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment