Saturday, July 26, 2014

CANADA

So here I am making dinner on one of our many trips to Canada. This trip was made if I recall in the mid-eighties. My then boyfriend, now husband had just purchased a new van and it was a great trip as we could now sleep hard sided as they say instead of in a tent. When bears are always a concern hard sided sleeping is preferred. I am trying to see what I making on the camp stove. It is hard to tell but there is a jar of salsa on the table and beers, so maybe something southwestern or probably burrito's we did that a lot as they are easy to make while camping. I look quite happy and I am sure that I was. Oh the fun we had on those trips. Traveling throughout the days to  new campgrounds as we drove through the beautiful Canadian Rockies. We made a lot of trips in those early years and considering we were both working and it was hard to arrange time we certainly made it work. We went to Canada a total of six times one trip we went to the Worlds Fair in Vancouver then we went from Vancouver to Hope into the national parks. What a grand trip that was. We also made a big trip to Montana. My husband lived in Montana for a while so he wanted to show me the country and on that trip we toured and camped at Glacier Park. How amazing that park is. So there were many adventures and we loved every one and still pour through the photo's remembering and reliving the trips. The last time we went to Canada was in 1998. So it has been a while. My husbands aunt, uncle and niece live there in Cranbrook near Kootney Lake. That lake is so huge like one of the great lakes it seems. You can be on it all day and never see it all. Cindy my hubby's aunt had a mexican restaurant in Cranbrook. It was so much fun for us to go there and be taken to the big round table in the back and have all kinds of dishes and drinks arrive and eat and enjoy  time with family and not pay for a thing! Of course we always left a large tip for the cook and wait staff. A very fun time each time! Thank you Cindy.

So I need to get my mind back into reality. There is no Canada or trip going on now but a fun filled day is planned.
I have already been to the farm this morning for fresh corn and I must say the ears are huge! 
My hubby is picking up ribeye steaks or one large steak to share. He will be home early and has tomorrow off. So we will spend the afternoon on the deck with the little pool for cooling our feet. I have two new magazines to browse through while we have a snack and chat to catch up on the past week. Later we will play gin rummy at the patio table. Then grill our steaks eat outdoors and then head indoors to watch a movie. Sounds like a perfect day to me.

So I had my physical yesterday and I am a healthy woman my doctor tells me. At my age that is very reassuring as I am on no meds, nor do I intend to be ever if possible. The mammogram and bone density have not been scheduled yet so I will make appointments for those two tests this coming week. Somehow the paperwork for those tests slipped through the woodwork. I am thankful that I have a healthy body.
Tomorrow morning I will get up early and walk. I could not today as by the time I got back from the farm it was hot already. 
I love to walk early on a Sunday morning so tomorrow will be a treat. All is so quiet, you imagine folks still lazing or snoring in bed, sometimes as I pass through the neighborhood maple syrup and bacon fills the air. Dogs are quiet I suppose still sleeping, till their parents awake. Regardless it is a nice treat when all is quiet like walking through the countryside.

I must now go and finish my house chores before my sweet husband gets home. I want to hose the deck and tidy up out there.
Have a fun weekend whatever it is you are doing. You can see we are so content to stay home and enjoy our back yard and just relax. Ah nice !

No comments:

Post a Comment