Wednesday, July 16, 2014

SHOAL BAY FWI ANGUILLA

This beach is rated one of the top ten most beautiful beaches in the world. And yes we were here! The year was 1997 in May. We were staying on the island of St. Martin and took a sail to this beauty.
We were taken from the sail boat by a Zodiac to this island picked up and driven to several landmarks and sights on the island. It was wonderful to see school children playing in their green and white uniforms in front of their island styled school, frolicking like all children will do. Life on the islands is so different from what we know on the mainland. Their resources are limited they are always aware of the weather as this area has many hurricanes in the fall season. There culture is much more laid back and their life revolves around the sea. We spent a few hours on this lazy island that is shaped like an eel from which Anguilla derives its name.  Then it was back to our beautiful catamaran sail boat for a late lunch, drinks and swimming. Ah the good life!
I just choose this photo today as this was one of my best vacations ever. Glorious weather, beautiful beaches, two sailing trips to different islands, tasty island food and lots of culture. And to think it took place seventeen years ago and is still so fresh in my mind is amazing.
I know there were times when we were traveling quite frequently to exotic places I wondered if this was the smartest way to spend our dollars but in retrospect I feel nothing can take the place of experience. I know this is true for travel expands your horizons and takes you out of yourself. To just experience the same things over again and again in life you become numb to the whole experience of life. So I guess a good phrase would be,  Just Go For It!

So now back to reality. It is another hot one today in Eugene. Yesterday I stayed in the entire day so when I stepped out at six pm to start the gas grill it was like a blast furnace slapped me in the face. Whoa it was HOT! we had 98 at four pm. Today a little less heat but still a toasty 92 degrees is forecast. So my m-o is, stay in the air conditioned house keep hydrated, and relax.

I am making pizza dough after I finish this post. We have not had pizza for a couple of weeks now, so it is time as there is a half jar of marinara sauce yelling at me from the fridge that it needs to be made into pizza sauce. So ok enough nagging already I will comply. Tonight's pizza will be toppings from what I already have in the fridge and pantry. Hubby can create his side however he likes and I will make a veggie side for me. Not that I ever eat a half of pizza so he will be forced to eat veggie pizza for snacks.......it is good for him! 

I talked to both of my children yesterday afternoon back to back. They were both upbeat and full of news. I love them so and it always brightens my heart when I hear their voices.
Today I must call my dear brother. It has been almost two weeks since we had a chat.

So no walk today it is to hot. I must be careful not to get dehydrated. As I have low blood pressure dehydration makes it even lower. As I would like to stay upright and not fall on my face I will stay indoors.
Well off to make that pizza dough. Have a nice hump day!



No comments:

Post a Comment