Tuesday, July 15, 2014

TOMATOES COMING ALONG

The tomatoes are doing well. All of our nine plants are loaded with tomatoes. It will not be long before I can take a tomato from the vine and wash it and eat it out of hand. Nothing more yummy than a juicy ripe tomato warm from the sun.
I am down to just one quart jar of frozen tomato sauce so what I put up last year was just the right amount. Now if I can only remember how many jars I made. Good grief! I still have four pints of ranchero sauce. I will not make ranchero sauce this year as I will the have tomato sauce I can easily make up into ranchero sauce when we desire it.

We had a nice afternoon yesterday after hubby returned home. He filled our little kiddie pool so we could stay cool while sitting on the deck with our feet in the cold water. I worked on puzzles while we chatted and sipped wine with watermelon balls and ice cubes. If you have never tried this with white wine you should. It is very refreshing.

I wonder what I will be making up for dinner this evening. I have several choices it just depends on what I am hungry for. It is hot today though I am in air conditioning my husband will be working in this heat all day. So I am thinking perhaps something light and fresh.
I made a fresh apple cake yesterday. It is the first time I have tried this recipe and it was amazing. The cake is made in a nine inch round cake pan with grated granny smith apples, cinnamon, butter, toasted walnuts etc. If you would like to try this recipe just google fresh apple cake and scroll down until you see the recipe by Betty Crocker. It is simple as it says but oh so tasty makes it feel like autumn in your mouth. I served with cool whip as I have a hard time with dairy products. Oh how I love real whipped cream.

I need to make a plan as to when I want to take the drive up I-5 to Portland and into Washington to visit my brother. I was planning on going this month for about five days as it will take that long to spend time with my daughter in Portland and my brother in Washington state. I am still recuperating from our central Oregon trip so perhaps another couple of weeks and I will feel like making another little journey. This time by myself as my husband is a busy man with the business this month.

I must go now and get my day underway. It is after eight we were up at five-thirty this morning. So now that I have my paper reading and computer time out of the way for the day best get myself moving.
See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment