Friday, July 18, 2014

BIG JUICY BACON BURGERS TONIGHT!!!!

These babies will be on the menu tonight. This is a previous photo of course. We love a big juicy burger with munster cheese and crispy bacon decked with onion and some sort of green. We have not grilled burgers for some time so it will be a nice Friday evening spent on our deck grilling burgers and eating outdoors. I think for a side I will just serve chips and a fat dill pickle. The burgers are going to be half pound burgers. I like to make them big and thick to keep them juicy. Of course I will only eat a half of one saving the other half to eat tomorrow for lunch.

Today is forecast to be 93 degrees so the temps are dropping slowly but you can notice the difference. I am a happy woman to have mid-seventies to low-eighties in my life. Any warmer and I stay in my air conditioned home. What a baby I am. I never used to be that way when I was younger, I was a heat monger. The hotter the better but those days are past.

I never made it to the farm yesterday after dealing with a crowded grocery store I was done. Also I would have been at the farm about lunch time which is not a good as they are so busy at that time of day.
I am going to load up on peppers today. My husband loves to toss them on the grill when we are grilling and have to the side of anything he is eating. What a hot pepper man he is. His entire family is the same with one or two exceptions, including yours truly.
I will buy another watermelon today. The one I picked up last week is gone and was so juicy and sweet. I used a melon ball scoop to drop a couple of balls in the bottom of a wine glass, added ice and white wine. Yum so good on a hot day, very refreshing giving the wine a sweet melon taste.

Tomorrow we are visiting hubby's Mother at the assisted living home. We will take her a milkshake, a slice of my fresh apple cake, some magazines etc. Spend a hour or so with her and then off for my husbands birthday lunch at El Torito mexican eatery. That is where he has decided he wants to go. His treat is that I will drive so he can have a couple of margarita's. I will sustain from alcohol and have ice tea. I like their street tacos and their side salad with a mexican caesar dressing.
Speaking of salads our grilled salmon salad last evening was over the top. I love the dressing I made. It is a Caesar salad dressing without eggs, using mayo in place of eggs. It is creamy and so rich. The salmon was grilled to perfection with lovely char marks. I fixed an old fashioned type of french bread in the oven with herbs and butter wrapped in foil. Such a nice meal for a summer evening.

Well I must get out of my morning clothes, and head to the farm before the droves of folks descend upon it.
Have a fun Friday.
Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment