Thursday, July 24, 2014

HOLLERING TO MOON ON THE BIG SHOT LAS VEGAS

What a great time we all had. On the left is my good pal Margie, I am in the middle hollering my bloody lungs out, on the right my hubby who methodically is counting how long it takes to drop to the bottom. We rode this ride two times back to back we were crazy! Screaming and thrilled acting like kids.
We were in Vegas for a couple of weeks. We had our RV and were staying at a lovely RV park called the Oasis. A great place to stay with two pools one surrounded by sand the other conventional, a mini golf course, not a miniature course but just like a real golf course only smaller. We played daily. Each day we would take the RV park shuttle to the strip and then catch it back to our motor home when we were tired of looking at the sights and losing money.
I met my friend Margie when we were both living in Bend. Margie eventually moved back to her home town of Las Vegas and we met up with her there a couple of times. She is so much fun to hang out with and because she knew the city so well we were privy to all the best places to eat. We all had a wonderful time and my husband and I so enjoyed our two weeks full of fun and sun in sin city. We stopped at Death Valley National Park for another week or so on the way home. So a nice extended trip doing what we love traveling and having a good time.

It is another comfortable day in the southern Willamette Valley. I really am enjoying this, no air conditioner humming doors open and fresh air filling the house.

I must tell you our dinner last night was so absolutely perfect. The Parmesan chicken was crispy on the outside and tender and moist in the inside, the spaghetti olio was such a good accompaniment the garlic and parsley laced olive oil mixed with the spaghetti noodles was garlicky and flavorful in our mouths and the zucchini rounds sprinkled with fresh grated Parmesan cheese rounded out the meal just wonderfully.
I bought my husband a pecan pie yesterday so he had a piece of that for dessert last night. He was one happy man, so happy he cleaned up the whole dreadful mess in the kitchen and made me sit in the living room and he put on a cooking show for me. A very lovely evening.

Tonight for dinner I am preparing a potato soup starting by sauteeing diced carrots, celery and onion. This is the makings of any good soup I start almost every soup in this manner. It will be a simple soup with addition of diced potatoes, chicken broth and cream and seasonings. When it is served in our deep bowls we will scatter fried bacon pieces and grated cheddar over the top. I picked up a pugliese boule today at the bakery. I will reheat it till is crispy on the outside.

My husband informed me last evening that Saturday he will be working on the southeast side of the city. There is an amazing meat market and butcher shop there and he is going to buy one large rib eye steak for us to share. As he will be getting home early Saturday evening and it is to be a warm evening we will grill outdoors and if not too hot we will dine at the patio table. I have a nice bottle of pinot noir from one of our local wineries I will open for us to share. For sides I am going to the farm to pick up some newly picked Bodacious Corn. This is our favorite kind of fresh corn it's so sweet and tender and how lucky it is grown down the road. I will also adorn our plates with ripe red plump tomato slices picked from our garden. I am looking forward to this dinner Saturday.

I have Pandora radio on while typing. I am listening to Norah Jones I love this kind of music when I am home alone. It is easy to listen to and soothes and settles me.
I am getting so soothed I think it is time for me to settle into my red plaid comfy chair. That chair is starting to look the worse for wear however. The plaid is getting quite faded, well it is seventeen years old now that I think of it, that is a long time to keep a piece of upholstered furniture. It is so comfortable it will be hard to part with.......maybe next year.
Hope you are also enjoying your day.


No comments:

Post a Comment