Sunday, July 27, 2014

THE CORN IS ON !!!!!!!!!!

The corn is on and that is a good and happy thing for us all. Oh how wonderful to drive for a couple of minutes and pull into the farm where they are filling bins of freshly picked corn. That is what I did yesterday morning and just look at these beauties. The field workers loading the bins said it is the largest cobs they have harvested in a long time. Fat, full long ears of juicy Bodacious corn. 
I must say our meal last evening was incredible. I grilled that ribeye steak to a perfect medium rare. Then placed the steak on my carving board and loaded the top with garlic parsley butter and let it sit for eight minutes. The steak of course had my steak rub on it before grilling but the addition of the parsley garlic butter added another dimension of flavor. The steak was so tender and juicy we hummed throughout dinner the fresh picked tomato from our garden really topped it off. We were over the top! What else can I say?

Late yesterday afternoon hubbies sis and her husband came by and we sat on the patio and sipped drinks and caught up. Life is busy and we do not have much time to hang out. It appears that next Sunday will work for us all to have them down for my homemade pizza. We will dish up at the bar and then grab spots at the patio table. After dinner we will play some games, it will be a nice evening.

Today we went to visit my mother-in-law at the home where she lives. It is a nice facility. We went outdoors into the ninety degree heat, we were in the shade of the patio as we sat at a table and chatted. We brought her a burger and milkshake. She always enjoys that. I know she must get tired of the casseroles and same things served on a repetitive basis. This coming Friday we are taking her to McGrath's for lunch. She seemed pleased by the idea.

Tonight for dinner I am making turkey burgers with Trader Joe's frozen turkey patties. They are good. Dark and white meat both and are good size patties. You buy them frozen and put them on the grill frozen they stay really juicy. I will stack walla walla sweet onion slices along with the patty and slices of munster cheese(which melts so good)and hubby will add some fresh jalapeno slices to his. He made a cucumber salad to go along side. He loves this salad of his childhood. I do not care for it so I will have a dill pickle spear and a couple of Kettle chips for my sides.

I am going to leave you now and join my hubby on the deck he is sitting out there sipping on a gin and tonic. I will pour a glass chardonnay and plop down beside him and tip my toes into the pool.
See ya all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment