Saturday, July 12, 2014

LA PINE GETAWAY

We are back from our six day getaway to La pine. 
Top photo is of the Big Deschutes near Pringle Falls. My son and I went there one afternoon and we lingered and I took photo's. We did not take a picnic lunch as planned as we wanted to cover a lot of country seeing various places in the area. Bottom photo was taken at my sons property. We backed our little trailer up to Mikes shop. We were on gravel which made it nice so we threw out our big mat and put up the awning and we were home. Mikes place is very quiet. Birds were abundant in the morning and I so enjoyed the doves softly making their cooing noises. Every morning they were in the small tree at the end of the driveway.
A herd of mule deer came in every morning and grazed on Mikes bunch grass. They ambled along as they munched they are not afraid and are in the area all year long. So the surroundings were to our liking.
My hubby went off every morning but one to Sunriver to work. It was a long drive of over thirty miles each way taking almost forty-five minutes as the home he was working on was located at the back part of Sunriver. When he arrived home in late afternoon the three of us still had time for a good dinner and chatter under the awning until the sun fell away.
One day I hung all my sons art work and wall decor for him. I set up his built in bookcase with family framed photo's and memorabilia leaving the bottom shelf for bar items and his wine rack. He was pleased. He had done a good job setting things up and his home is spotless but there is something about a woman's touch that brings it all together. I used his kitchen for my more complicated meals and to make berry cobbler for my hubby's birthday. In my trailer I kept it simple as I had prepared many things ahead. 
In all a wonderful little trip. We are going to go next year in mid June so the guys can take the little fishing boat and fish for Brown trout to catch and release in the Big and Little Deschutes. Later in the year the water levels are to low to fish for them. So next year I will be alone for a couple of days camping at my sons to enjoy the solitude and the wildlife and my books. I had very little time this trip for reading, I was too busy talking.
My daughter and her husband Doug and his son Levi and his friend came by our camp to say a Happy Birthday to my husband and bring him a gift. That was sweet of them as it was quite a haul for them from their campground at Quinn River. So as they say a good time was had by all.

Since I have returned home it has been nothing but catch up. First of all I had to unload and clean the trailer. I have been doing laundry non-stop it seems and cleaning house and trimming plants and tending the garden, grocery shopping and on and on. But it is so worth it to get away sometimes. Our front yard it littered with brown patches and it was perfect when we left. But it was hot here while we gone so with no water, well what else did we expect? We knew the tomatoes would be fine as they do not mind the dry in fact they prefer it. My flowers perked right up after a good watering and some deadheading. So all will be back in order soon.

I went to the farm today for my produce. So tonight for dinner we are grilling a simple steak to share I put a rub on it early and it is hanging out in the fridge. We are just having sauteed local zucchini sliced and sauteed with salt and pepper and then topped with grated Romano cheese.
I always put pats of butter on my steak under foil after I take it off the grill. So to that butter this evening I am going to finely chop some Italian parsley and minced garlic and mash them into the butter. When the butter melts into the steak juice it will make a nice sauce for the steak.

Well I think that is it for today. I am tired and that dinner needs to be made. I have been dragging every evening since we arrived home. So much for getting rested on vacation.
Have a nice weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment