Tuesday, July 29, 2014

WANTING THIS SHOE

Well this the first time I have posted a photo of a shoe on a cooking blog no less.
I want a pair of these shoes. Problem is they are expensive. They are imported and real leather with buckskin lining. There is a zipper that runs the length of the heal in the back with a tassel complete with a silver embellishment on the end.
I thought they would be darling for my grandsons wedding at the park. Simple not to casual and not to dressy. Just like I am. As I have everything I need for my clothing I feel I can splurge and get the shoes. But the problem is. Who orders shoes online? Especially a shoe that needs to fit your arch and ankle as well as length and width. I may go to Nordstorm's Rack and look at their sandal selection. I know I want black, real leather and wide generous straps with silver buckles or embellishments. I want a quality pair that will last and last. But for now enough about shoes.

I had a busy morning but a lazy afternoon. I did not sleep well last night and we get up with the chickens so I feel a little rough around the edges. So I am afraid after I put groceries away and cleaned veggies I only did what desperately needed doing in the house. I will be home all day tomorrow and I must put my time to good use. The banking is done, the marketing is done for the week, I got a new supply of books and bought lottery tickets. Ran my car through the wash, picked a couple items at the office supply store and then home. It was getting hot hot by the time I pulled in the driveway.

I will not be going to my daughter until the 12th of August as she and her hubby are preparing for their up coming camping trip. I had forgotten about that, but no worry the following week will be just fine and considering how busy we are this week and the up coming weekend maybe it is just as well. Summers are busy for everyone it seems. I always look forward to fall when the pace slows and the weather cools. But of course I am still very enthralled with summer so it had better hang around for a while yet.

Tonight as I mentioned we are having stir fry veggies in the wok and I decided to toss in some bite size chicken pieces that I will brown in the skillet and then drizzle with sesame oil. I will use my Chinese dishware that I have had for over forty years, it is the Red Dragon pattern and quite festive. As part of the set I have deep wide bowls for dishes like chow mien and sukiyaki. So into the bottom of the bowls I will put a mound of sticky rice and then I will ladle the chicken and veggies over the top. We can top it off with homemade sweet and sour and a little soy sauce if we so desire.

So it is almost three-thirty now and I need to check the mail as the postman just came. And I must put together receipts for materials and supplies for my hubby to go through this evening before I send off the payment to the vendor in the morning.
I will see you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment