Monday, July 21, 2014

TONIGHT SHRIMP SALAD

Time once again for this fresh bright shrimp salad. It will be extra special tonight as we have our first bright red tomato and I will use our first cucumber. With the addition of onion and edamame and aoli dressing it will be a great dinner. If I can muster up some energy I may make a loaf of french bread to go with. I have a french bread recipe for my Kitchenaid mixer that I tried before but the bread lacked salt, well that is easy to fix.

My husband will putting in a long day today. He has been so busy all month and will continue to be for the remainder of the month. At least he had this weekend off which was nice for the both of us.

I made the plum galette yesterday but the plums were so juicy it turned out rather messy as the dough leaked and a lot of juice ran out over the parchment paper it was baked on. Not the prettiest galette I have made but it tasted sweet tart and juicy as always. We so enjoyed a small piece last night after our simple dinner.

Today is in the high seventies. Ah so nice. I feel moisture in the air which is so enticing to me right now after days of dry air and heat. We may have a shower tonight which would be so helpful for our dry lawns and washing away some of the summer dust courtesy of the farms. I adore having the the doors open to the screen doors when it rains.  The back door opens into the kitchen and nook area but is directly across from the front door at the other side of the house so when both doors are open we get a wonderful cross breeze that cools our main living areas. It is a good arrangement.
We have four wind chimes in the back and one in the front. It only takes a small breeze to get them all singing. They are soprano singers light and melodic I love their music.
The jays also add their songs to the mix making for quite an orchestra. 

Well I have much to accomplish today such as office work, house cleaning and laundry. I did not do much in the house all weekend except keep it tidy.
Have a nice Monday. I know Monday's are not ones favorite usually. Even in my world of being retired it is still the start of the work week for my husband and I always seem to have a laundry list of things to do on Mondays, including the laundry!
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment