Friday, July 25, 2014

LITTLE ITALY N.Y

So here is little Italy I would love being here. Italy of course would be better (or not) as far as food is concerned for in Italy all the various regions have different cuisine. In Little Italy New York all the cuisines are represented.  I think that makes this place very intriguing and it would be fun to be there for a few days tasting everything in sight! The reason I goggled this is I am reading a book now that takes place in Little Italy, I love the writer, Adriana Trigiani. I have read a few of her books. This one is titled "Valentine".  Anyhow I am enjoying the book and am learning about this district in New York and about many of the eateries. Another favorite read from this author is Lucia, Lucia. You should give them a try if you are reader.

There is nothing exciting on the dinner scene in our kitchen tonight as we will have leftovers. My fridge is filling up and we do not waste food. Our potato soup and crusty boule was good last night and made me relaxed and cozy like on a fall evening.
Now we go into the furnace again though today will be a nice pleasant day in the mid-eighties.

My day consist of house work this morning and then I have a physical this afternoon......oh yeah.  I have not been for three years and I feel as I am not getting any younger I should go and get checked out. I am not looking forward to it especially the mammogram. Oh I dislike them so. What woman in her right mind would want to have her boobs squeezed to almost flat(ouch). Seems they could come up with a nice painless little scan to get the same results. So I could think of better ways to spend my afternoon.

I will be going to my daughters in Oregon City very soon now. I am so looking forward to this little two night stay with Gina. We always have the best time. Our time will be spent, eating excellent food dining in and dining out. Drinking nice wine, perhaps a little shopping if we are inclined but mostly sitting around my daughters home sharing stories, catching up and just enjoying each others company. I love it when we have 'our' time without the hubbies, though that is fun too this time just the two of us is what we are needing.
I am thinking a couple of days away to Gina's the first week in August will work as long as it is convenient for my husband to have me gone. If he mired in work and bids I will have to adjust to his schedule as I am his right hand gal. 

Well the day is getting on and need to do things before I get ready for my wonderful afternoon at the doctors office.
Have a nice afternoon, the weekend is upon us and doesn't it seem like summer is racing away too quickly.
Ciao.



No comments:

Post a Comment