Saturday, July 19, 2014

SUMMER SNAPSHOT BACK PATIO

Ah summer you gotta love it! Bright colors, warm breezes, vivid blue skies, birds and critters, outdoor dining, grilling, toes in the pool, reading in the shade of the tree and much more. I am happy on my back private deck pursuing all the above mentioned. If I only had a swing. Oh how I love to swing.

Next year new dining chairs for our patio table. I tried to find some the early part of this summer season but could not find what I wanted which is black metal. Also next year we are extending our deck to the garden side of the house beyond the hot tub, there we will house our grills and smoker. My husband is going to build a gazebo type structure to cover the area. That will increase the size of our deck for setting or lounging with the grills nested in their own area. I am looking forward to that.

This morning hubby is going to tend the tomatoes, they always need attention as they are always crawling out of their cages and growing more foliage than they need. 

We used our new little charcoal kettle last night for grilling. Using the chimney starter and the new kettle was a snap. It is a sturdy kettle and so well made I would recommend it to anyone. It is a Masterbuilt Pro. It is the perfect size grill for us. Tonight we are doing chicken and I am making a slimmer version of potato salad. The salad also has green beans, radishes, onions and a light herbal dressing. It will interesting but I hope also delicious and something I will want to make again.

Another hot one today it is to be 90. Each day I am expecting the temps to drop they have a little but not much. Tomorrow supposedly will be the big drop to 82 and I am more than ready for this change. The air has been dry for here on the west side of the mountains. I wake in the morning with a sandpaper mouth. I am ready for some moisture in the air. 

Well my hubby is making his breakfast of fried potatoes with all kinds of peppers and onions and sausage. I am passing too hot for me. I had a piece of cinnamon toast and tea.
Now off to tidy the house except for the kitchen that will my husbands job as he cooked. I will shower and get ready for our visit this morning to my mother-in-law.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. Summers are so short and fleeting it seems we must really appreciate them and get outdoors and enjoy while this season is upon us.
See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment