Tuesday, August 13, 2013

BABY CAKES


Posted by PicasaHere is my granddaughter Kali Brooke with the Baby Cakes mini cupcake maker I gave her. such a cute photo and I received the sweetest thank you from her. Now she can make these little treats whenever she likes. I told her to send photo's and I would post them here.

I have accomplished much today as I did yesterday. I am sitting in a nice clean orderly office....yes! This morning I changed a few things around in my living room and cleaned good in there. I like to switch out accessories and small pieces of furniture sometimes. All looks so cozy and fresh now. I have the deck clean and love my new colorful plants. I just picked two nice size cukes, and a couple tomatoes. It is so nice to go out to our garden patch and pick a sun warmed tomato for dinner or a snack, sandwich or whatever.

The stroganoff was a hit last night and I made sure I made enough for two evenings as it takes effort. My husband just kept saying how much he was loving every bite. I will say we liked the chuck steak better than when I made it with sirloin steak. I sliced the chuck steak across the grain in very thin slices. The recipe calls for 1/4 inch slices but because it was a tougher cut of meat I made them as thin as possible and they just melted in your mouth. So tonight I will make glazed carrots to go with as we ate all the broccoli last night.

Tomorrow I will get at the truck again. I needed to spend a couple of days in the house to get caught up on cleaning. So tomorrow I will wash the exterior and then start the detailing of the horizontal lines. I will use a tooth brush as there is mold and embedded dirt in some of the area's. 

It has been a lovely day here in Eugene. We woke to dark skies of course as we rise so early this week. So I did not know what the day held looking at the black windows. But as soon as daylight lit the sky I could tell it was going to be a sunny day.
I am going to get hubby's lunch ready tonight as he is getting up at four in the morning. I will crawl out of bed and try to stay half asleep and make him a quick breakfast as there will not be anywhere open for him to stop for a bite. I think if I do not talk and keep my eyes half closed I should be able to slip back into bed again and it will all seem like a dream.

I about through with the boring as dust book. I am finding it has some redeeming elements but over all.....good grief. Speaking of sleep I about go to sleep every time I start to read. But I shall persevere and my reward is three new books just posing on my black trunk. I glance at them every once in a while as they are teasing me but I must have patience.

I am thinking of going to the kitchen now to bake something. I was thinking that apple fritters would be yummy. Hubby brought home a few of my favorite gravenstein apples from the job site out in the country where he is working. He is going to ask his clients if he can pick a couple of bags full. He knows I would love to make a deep dish apple pie and a few quarts of applesauce. Of course when they come on at the farm I usually buy them there, but to get them free is better. I am sure the folks will not mind as they are falling to the ground from a couple of trees.
Oh I love the valley it is like a huge outdoor market place in summer.

So off I go to make something or other for a little treat tonight. Hmm what should I make?

  




No comments:

Post a Comment