Monday, August 5, 2013

TOMATOES COMING ON


Posted by PicasaYesiree here they come, red big and juicy. Picked one last night two more ready today.Of course they have been slower coming on this year as we did not get the plants into the ground until the first week of June. The plants were not of a generous size which also slowed their progress. But now all is looking good. We put in nine plants. Four Early girls and five Celebrities which do so well here in this end of the valley.

My husband is back to work today for a few weeks. It is either feast or famine with his business. He was swamped in May and June, hardly worked in July and now August is booked. It is to be really hot today and tomorrow so that will take a toll on him into the nineties we go.

I have accomplished much this morning so far. I watered the garden, deadheaded plants, and now must give them some miracle grow. I walked early morning enjoying the cool air. Ah, so nice along that country road I walk. Lots of chickens doing their thing and the rooster crowing away to the top of his lungs. As you know they do not only crow at daylight.The organic strawberry field is still going strong, yesterday there were pickers in the small fields. I could see from the road the over loaded berry vines, juicy red berries just waiting to be picked. I should go picking as they have u-pick only. But oh my back I do not know if it would like that. The road is covered with fallen cherries and apples still green are hanging from roadside trees. It smells like country! It is country, only steps from my house. That alone makes me a happy woman. I also spent a hour in the office this morning getting out bids, filing,and making forms. I have just now put a beef pot roast in the slow cooker for dinner. Tonight traditional pot roast, red potatoes, roasted carrots and onions. Tomorrow taco's. So that has been my day so far. The house is tidy but I do have more to do in the house today. I also am going to vacuum out my hubby's truck for him today and I will be detailing the interior of the truck as the week goes along.

I will be off now as there is much to be scratched off my list of to-do's for the week.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment