Saturday, August 10, 2013

SUNSET LAST NIGHT


Posted by PicasaThis is a untouched photo. I took it last night after a thunder storm rattled through. It was an entertaining afternoon and evening and we spent it outdoors sitting at our small patio table with the big nine foot umbrella protecting us from the elements.
Our first event was curious clouds that moved in late afternoon. They were many shades of gray all churning like little puffs and soft ice cream cones(I will post that photo tomorrow.) We heard rumbling and grumbling as the clouds darkened and then sprinkles splattered lightly on the deck. The air was tinted with wet rocks and damp earth. 
We continued to sit under our umbrella at the patio table and play games. Later after the light rain stopped we grilled our steak and had our dinner outdoors.
As the in-between time came in the sky turned light pink and apricot and then fuchsia clouds lit the sky. We poured a glass of red wine and stayed to watch the show. As the light faded, the solar globes and lamps came on. It was a very enjoyable time and we reluctantly went into the house.

Today has been a very laid back day for me. Hubby went off to work for a few hours and is home now. I went for a short walk, potted some mums,cleaned our bathroom and did my normal chores for the day and that is it so far.
I will not do much more. Time to enjoy the roses as they say, or in my case mums.

It is cooler today with clouds and sun. A day we need not run the air conditioner. I like that. Occasionally you can hear a rumble or two coming from the south. I surely hope there will not be more fires.

Tonight for dinner I am fixing pecan crusted baked pork loins, fresh sauteed spinach with butter and garlic, fresh picked sliced tomatoes and cucumbers with honey dijon dressing and vanilla bean ice cream cups with blackberries from our own patch. I just love summer!

From our home to yours have a nice summer weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment