Tuesday, August 6, 2013

TOMATOES AND MORE TOMATOES


Posted by PicasaYes we are going to be in tomato world before long. I promise I will not be posting to many photo's but I love to see them grow and grow.
We ate our first big tomato last night served it sliced along side our pot roast dinner. Well we drooled, there is nothing more to say.

Another day of heat. So I must get out early to work away at detailing hubby's truck. I got a lot of icky things cleaned yesterday. So this morning I can concentrate on the dashboard. I will clean everything immaculate using q-tips where needed, then give it a coat of ArmorAll. That is my chore today. Tomorrow I will shampoo the carpet and seats. Then I can start on the exterior. There is mold growing between the canopy and truck bed, the car wash has not removed it as it is just a tiny strip that will need to be removed with a firm toothbrush. I think this will be the best way. Believe me this truck needs all the loving care it can get.
I need to call around to upholstery shops as we need to get the headliner fabric reattached. It is not ripped but has come loose.
Hubby is going to buy a step to mount on the passenger side for me. I am short and the truck is tall. So a step will certainly make it easier for me.
The the very last thing we will do when money allows is a paint job. Gradually it will be close to becoming the truck it once was.

Well actually it is later now mid-afternoon. I really needed to get on with the detailing before the heat of the day.
It is nice to be in a cool house now. However I thought it was getting too chilly in here and I went to look at the thermostat and I must have not have had my glasses on when I turned on the air, almost a ice berg! Makes me irritated to waste energy and to also waste money.

The blackberry cobbler will come to it's demise this evening. Oh how we have enjoyed that cobbler. I have the recipe on a previous blog and believe me if you try it you will never use another cobbler recipe again! To reiterate it is called "The Best in the West cobbler". You can find it online also.

Has anyone been watching "Next Food Network Star?" That is one of our favorite shows. We look forward to it every year. We always have our winner picked about halfway through and we usually pick right. Next Sunday is the season finale.

Tonight we are having shredded beef taco's. That roast in the slow cooker last night was so tender and juicy we truly enjoyed it. I may actually have a soft shell taco as I want to use the new corn shells I bought last time. They are a little larger than a regular size shell and so tender and soft. They are wonderful if you just spray them with a olive oil and heat them. We have been using them and making breakfast burritos out of them. There is something about a soft corn shell and potatoes, eggs,onions and cheese that just meld so perfectly together. Sometimes we add a little ground sausage or chorizo. The shells are Mission brand called Super Soft if you care to try them.
Next time we have overnight guests we are going to make a platter full of these taco's and serve them up with pinto beans and Bloody Mary's for breakfast.

I still need to spiff up our bathrooms and then my to-do's for the day are finished. I do want to scrub our hot tub cover this afternoon also it is hot out there on the deck but I will be using water so of course if I choose I can get wet. That is one thing I love about summer, it makes me feel like a child again. I wear no makeup when I stay home as my face is tan, a dab of chap stick on my lips for moisture, I let my hair dry after showering and let it have it's way which is curly and flyaway. I wear comfy well worn shirts and jean shorts or crops and flip flops. Life is simple and I am a home girl just doing my thing.

So off I go. Happy summer days!








No comments:

Post a Comment