Saturday, August 17, 2013

CHICKEN POMODORO AND ORZO

As I have all the ingredients on hand so I am making chicken pomodoro this evening. The recipe calls for fresh tomatoes and those we have straight from the garden. I will serve orzo along side with cucumber spears. 
Here is the recipe for this really simple gourmet tasting dish.
Chicken Pomordo

2 boneless chicken breasts sliced lengthwise through the middle and pounded into cutlets.
salt and pepper
flour
non-stick spary
2 tbsp. canola oil
1/4 cup vodka
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 fresh tomatoes chopped
2 tbsp. heavy cream
1/3 cup sliced scallions(or 2 tbsp. minced flat leaf parsley.

Season cutlets with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Coat a fry pan (if not non stick) with cooking spray and then add oil and heat over medium heat.
Saute cutlets on both sides till golden. Transfer to a plate, pour off fat from pan.
Deglaze with the vodka away from the heat, return to heat and cook until nearly evaporated.
Add broth and lemon juice. Return cutlets to pan and cook on each side for one minute. Transfer cutlets to warm plate and cover with foil.
Stir tomatoes and cream into the sauce. Heat through and serve over cutlets. Garnish with either scallions or parsley.

Note. I have used white wine when I did not have vodka on hand. It is just as good but with a different twist. This dish is so good served with rice or orzo for a side dish.
Enjoy!

Today is a lovely day. Deep blue skies and warm sun and getting warmer by the minute. That is why I was out the door early to clean the sidewalks and driveway approach. I cut back the hydrangea that were choking the garden hose on it's reel.  I pulled weeds along the sidewalks and washed the outside of the living room and office windows. By the time I finished I was really hot and it was enough!

I have laundry spinning away in the washer and have watered the vegetables and my flowers. So now when this blog post is finished I will make a little snack and plop in my comfy chair and read for an hour or so. It is such a gift for me, like a reward I suppose to get my chores out of the way and indulge myself in whatever I consider my personal pleasures.
Of course reading is probably number one, but also I love playing piano some afternoons, or baking something special, catching up on emails, making small changes in the decor in my home, personal care like doing my nails or giving myself a facial.
These are all things I indulge myself with after the days work is done.

So I will go now and see what there is for a little protein snack and a ice tea with lemon sounds refreshing.
I will be back again in a day or two have a great weekend and do try that recipe it is a keeper.






No comments:

Post a Comment