Monday, August 12, 2013

BEEF STROGANOFF


Posted by PicasaThis is the best stroganoff bar none! It is made entirely from scratch. This is a photo I took in 2011, the was the last time I made it. So I am making it tonight, my mouth is salivating already. I found the recipe in a cookbook my daughter gave me several years ago, called the "Vinter's Cookbook" all the recipes in the book are very gourmet and each one I have tried has been amazing. The recipe in on a my January blog 2011.
Once again I going to serve broccoli for a side and rigatoni noodles as they have little spirals which catch all that deep rich sauce.
It is another long day for hubby so another late dinner.

I have been out and about this morning. I needed to do some banking so I popped into Fred's for a couple of items, and then St. Vinney's to drop off some clothing and books and to purchase more books. I found three books I cannot wait to read. I also noticed a brown leather picture frame just the right size I needed for a photo of my brother Jim, so I snatched it up. The shot was taken while he was in Vietnam and he is in camouflage clothing with his rifle and all. He looks very thin, but he is giving a thumbs up. It is a very handsome frame and it cost me $1.80. Bargains are so much fun!

Now what to do this afternoon?  I have something in mind. It is a dull gray outdoors today. So far not one glimpse of Mr. Sun. I sure hope he makes an appearance today. 

I purchased a really lovely perennial plant another good deal but at Freddie's. It has delicate red and orange flowers and beautiful foliage  So I want to get it into a decent size pot today. I did get some things accomplished yesterday but the office was not one. So it awaits me today and that will be my afternoon project. I can clean away while listening to Pandora on the computer.

I have not taken my walk yet. Now my back is aching. So maybe after getting off my feet now for a bit it will relax and I can go on my daily stroll. I like there to be sun when I walk, do you hear me Sunny boy?

We had a lovely dinner last night. As I had no thoughts in my mind as what to make I apprecaited it even more.
I decided as I said to use those chicken thighs, so I made Coq au vin. It was very good with a light sauce flavored with garlic, lemon,thyme,capers, chicken broth and wine. I browned the floured and salt and peppered thigh's stove top in a little olive oil and butter, removed them to a plate and made the sauce with the fore mentioned ingredients and then put the chicken back in the skillet skin side up and braised them for almost an hour uncovered in a 350 degree oven. I served a side of brown rice to ladle that sauce over and we had fresh green beans and a sliced tomato from our garden. A wonderful meal.

I made my granddaughter Kali happy yesterday. As I have mentioned each time I see her she has clothes for me. So I wanted to do a little something for her. When we got together last time she had this photo on her cell phone of a mini cupcake maker. She said she thought it would be so fun to have that appliance and make those.  So I ordered her "Baby Cakes" a mini cupcake maker. It is pink and very cute with recipes and a 150 cupcake liners and frosting tips. Well it arrived yesterday via Amazon and she opened it not knowing I was even sending her anything. I love surprises!!!! Her mommy Gina took a photo of her with her new gadget a big smile and thumbs up!

On that sweet note I am going now for a walk then into the office to clean, vacuum, organize make forms and do filing.
I am going for my walking shoes...........










No comments:

Post a Comment