Sunday, August 18, 2013

WILD BLACKBERRIES


Posted by PicasaMy husband loves these little blackberries, especially just eating them by hand or sprinkled over vanilla ice cream. Fortunately they have set up residence in our service yard where we store the little fishing boat. He cuts a few vines back every year but keeps enough for berry nibbling. Last year actually there was enough for a good size deep dish pie and a cobbler. However this year he is grazing more than ever so I doubt there will be enough for a small pie.

Cloudy here this morning but we are told the sun will make an appearance later. That would make me happy. My hubby will be home today about two so we can spend a little time on the deck this afternoon. We are grilling burgers tonight with the works. The fresh tomatoes on them will be so juicy,yum!
So I will clean the deck again, it is almost a daily chore in summer as it gets dusty just in a day or so. I was looking at our sad chairs surrounding the patio table yesterday. This will be the last year for them. We bought that thrifty little set in 2002. They have served their purpose for eleven summer seasons. Time to go. We will probably keep the table it is just the right size as our deck is so small it is hard to find round tables that fit the space and the table is still in good shape. But new chairs will be in order.

I was looking around our guest room yesterday and have decided to change things up a bit in there and get rid of some items that are old and just taking up space. I have a chair,small nondescript chest and dated decor items that I am taking to St. Vinney's. I am going to rearrange the room and get a new large throw rug and put up another window treatment. I do not like clutter and it seems that room has taken on a life of it's own. So time for a change and new look. It will be a good project this fall.

It is time for my walk now so best get those walking shoes on and go on my little stroll.
Hope you all have a nice Sunday. I love Sunday's. I have spent the past hour with the paper and my coffee. 


No comments:

Post a Comment