Sunday, August 4, 2013

SUMMER


Posted by PicasaOh the sweet sunny days of summer. Who can resist them.
I so love to wake in the morning with the sun slipping in around the blinds. It makes me anxious to start my day.
This morning was no exception. It is to be 89 degree's today so anything I want to accomplish outdoors I must do early today.

Hubby has made his breakfast. He loves to make fried red potatoes, with onions and peppers. I opted to have a half piece of sourdough toast with the blackberry jam I made yesterday. Oh that sweet black jam was such a treat truly like summer in my mouth. So I sipped coffee and munched on my tasty toast and read the big Sunday paper and here I am now.
The kitchen needs to be cleaned,there are games on the nook table from last evening's yahtzee and Gin rummy games, the living room is messy. After our dinner last night of grilled bbq'd ribs and corn on the cob, beans and veggies we were wiped out. We did manage to clean up the dinner mess but that was it. With full tummies it was sofa time to fight sleep and watch a movie. It was a fun summer day.

As today is Sunday I do not have much on my agenda. I will tidy the house, go for my walk, clean the deck and make a potato salad. I have too many potatoes in the pantry and need to use some before they sprout. We are having leftover ribs tonight so the addition of a potato salad will compliment the meal. I also like having potato salad hanging out in my fridge as it is one of my favorite lunches. Just a small bowl with black pepper and a drizzle of Tabasco. Anything else I do today will be spontaneous. 

So to all lovers of summer enjoy this grand August day!

No comments:

Post a Comment