Thursday, August 22, 2013

COBBLER AGAIN TODAY


Posted by PicasaCobbler again today. Yes!
Hubby picked berries from our patch and the 'Best in the West' berry cobbler now sits on the counter. As I mentioned before this is the best berry cobbler ever!

I had posted yesterday that we were going to a new brew house and deli. Well we drove there and no where to park and the place was a big mess. Packing cartons in the windows also on the deck out back where folks were gathered. So we switched gears. We will go back when they have had some time to get themselves in order.
So we drove over to our fave area and went to the Steelhead Brewery right on fifth street, grabbed the last available table on the street. We shared a very delicious burger with perfect fries and a huge dill pickle. It was just the right amount for the two of us. I enjoyed a very nice glass of pinot noir from one our local vineyards and my hubby had a microbrew of course. We lingered for about an hour and then strolled down 5th street, reading menu's posted outside other eateries. We then came home and plopped in our comfy chairs on our own deck. Hubby listened to his I-pod while I read. It was a nice quiet relaxed afternoon. 

For dinner my husband cooked. He fixed the sausage he loves from our local meat market and sliced tomatoes and corn on the cob. It was a small dinner but suited us just fine.

We woke to a thunder storm about four A.M. It was rumbling about right overhead. It did not last long but it did generate a small amount of rain, just enough really to clean things quite nicely. 

Tonight for dinner I making pasta with fresh tomatoes.
I will brown some sirloin burger and onions add 2 cloves garlic minced, fresh thyme, basil and Mrs. Dash and ground pepper. I will start the pasta and right before the pasta is el dente I will add a couple cups of chopped fresh tomatoes to the burger mixture and let simmer until the tomatoes are just warmed and have released their juices. Then spoon the mixture over spaghetti noodles and mix gently, serve with plenty of fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
I am once again serving a bread boule, a small very crusty sourdough bread. I am making a herb and garlic spread for the hot bread. 
It will be nice light spaghetti dinner with cobbler and vanilla ice cream for dessert.
I wish I had a bottle of that pinot noir I had yesterday for lunch it would have been great with the light sauced pasta.

I had better get on with my house chores. My husband is on a bid at the moment. When he gets home he is making us breakfast and lunch combined. He will scramble some eggs, add some seasonings and small diced sausage. We will load the mixture into hot chewy corn shells and top with diced fresh tomatoes and sour cream. 
As you can surmise we are starting to get overloaded with tomatoes we were are picking about six a day now. Oh this is a wonderful time of year.

See you later.


No comments:

Post a Comment