Saturday, August 3, 2013

BEST IN THE WEST BLACKBERRY COBBLER AND SIX JARS OF JAM

So it was a morning in the kitchen for me. First of all I made the "Best in the West" blackberry cobbler, this is a winner. After making this cobbler a couple of years ago I threw out all the rest of my cobbler recipes. That is how good this one is.
Then I made six jars of blackberry freezer jam. Also had a small bowl left for eating.
All this is what we harvested yesterday. I am so happy we did that and can now reap the rewards.

I just finished making my bbq mop sauce for the St. Louis style ribs. Funny I put Carolina bbq style sauce on St. Louis ribs. But it is our favorite sauce, sweet and tangy. Tonight we dine on ribs, corn on the cob, and fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. There are a lot of ribs so it will be the right amount of sides.

We started our day off with small tender pancakes from scratch, and golden fried little pigs, real creamery butter and pure maple syrup on the cakes. A nice breakfast that has lasted me all day.

I was surprised it has stayed cool today,well out in the sun it is hot, but I was on deck in the shade earlier with my nose in a new book and it was just perfect. The new book I am reading is a little heavy in the regard I must pay attention to what I read and remember certain developments and characters as it is a thriller. A best seller called "Rose" by the author who wrote "Gorky Park." Anyhow I believe it will be a wonderful read.

I am going to sign off now as I need to get my spareribs prepped for the oven.

Good food is always a blessing!


No comments:

Post a Comment