Saturday, August 24, 2013

PORK SCHNITZEL

It is another gray day here in Eugene. Yesterday the sun finally made an appearance about two p.m. So I darted to the back deck to enjoy the afternoon. It was really a perfect day as cotton ball clouds drifted peacefully through a blinding blue sky. There was not a breath of breeze and it was a comfortable 74 degree's. Today perhaps will be a repeat, I surely hope so.

I just had a fat juicy tomato sandwich for lunch. We are falling behind on tomato consumption at this point. I have two full bowls sitting on the counter and more are ready to be plucked from the garden. We are eating them in every form now. Our plates will be loaded with slices this evening to go along with pork schnitzel, corn on the cob and red potatoes. This is a tasty schnitzel recipe and I have posted it on my blog before. I really need to keep a date log of the recipes I post.

My hubby is washing his truck. I had it detailed inside and out but it has sat outside as it is not garaged and the exterior is now filthy.  We are so close to the surrounding farms we get a lot of dust from the fields. I am happy my SUV can be nested inside the garage.

I was up early, I was going to say bright and early but as it was not bright........
Anyhow I decided to go pick up a few groceries this morning and grab some more books as I soon will be finishing another one. My current book is a really wonderful. It is set in Pennsylvania on a Amish Farm. I will be sorry when this exciting page turner ends. Yes it is exciting as a young Amish woman has given birth to a baby and does not remember the event, the baby is found dead. The young woman is not married nor confesses to even having sexual relations. She has been charged with first degree murder. You can imagine all of this taking place within the Amish community. Riveting!

I am off to water my plants and back yard.
Hmm, do I spy with my little eye, the sun winking at the edge of a cloud? I think yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment