Tuesday, October 8, 2013

ALMOST HALLOWEEN


Posted by PicasaYep, I need to get my Halloween decor up or be left in the rain(no dust here).
I do so enjoy decorating for Halloween and will do that tomorrow. I have been looking forward to it. I basically just put out the same things every year but sometimes add a new twist.
This year I do have a great huge pot of mums mixed with white daisies and they are flourishing as I gave them a treat of Miracle Grow a couple of weeks back. They look pretty on my step for Halloween as they are white, orange and red.

Tomorrow afternoon we are having my Mother in law for a late lunch early dinner. Hubby will pick his Mother up from the Memory Care Home about three or so. She is doing better but still she is so hard to understand as she talks so low it is a strain.I wonder how many times I smile at her and nod in approval when maybe it is not appropriate. But I do my best.

I am preparing a Italian meal with a meat sauce made from our fresh tomato sauce that I froze. I am opting for penne noodles for the pasta as they will be easier for her to eat than a bowl of spaghetti noodles. A green garden salad with Mom's blue cheese dressing or Italian vinaigrette and a crusty loaf with garlic herb spread completes the meal. I have apple pie and vanilla ice cream or apple cider doughnuts and ice cream for desert. 
I will set the table festive with fall decor.
After our meal hubby and his Mom will start watching ariel America. We are going to watch Montana. We have seen it before but know that she will enjoy it as she likes that kind of thing. I will join them when I am through with the cleanup. After the show hubby will run her back to the home. So she will have a little outing which will be therapeutic for her. 

I was out the door early this morning. I thought I would do my grocery shopping today as I needed a couple of items for my meal tomorrow. So no more traipsing out this week which thrills me. 
After returning I have cleaned the bathrooms hardwood and tile floors. Vacuumed the remainder of the house and did some much tidying in the office.
So I believe I am through for the day except for our dinner.

I bought fresh Alaska cod today. So this evening we are having pan grilled cod with butter, olive oil and lemon. Orzo with lemon, parsley  dill and chives and corn on the cob the last there is at the farm. So a simple meal which pleases me and really quite a healthy one.

Yesterday I heard via the email from two dear friends. I enjoyed their messages so much as I miss getting together with both of these great women. So now I must reciprocate. Perhaps this afternoon I will write them both.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment