Saturday, October 12, 2013

PIZZA AND THE DUCKS


Posted by PicasaPizza and the Ducks, sounds about right!
We are so looking forward to today and have had a good morning. Up early to watch GAME DAY at the University of Washington. The entire nation is watching this game and we had better QUACK a lot, do you hear that Ducks? We have not looked that bright the first few plays of the past games. Maybe this time it will be different I hope so as hubby hollers and he is loud!
I am going to run for the pizza now and will finish this when I return i need to get my duckies in a row, still a few things to attend to.

Well back. A big cowboy pizza hanging out in the garage fridge. 
I just had a small leftover bowl of rice, teriakyi chicken and steamed veggies. This is amazing stuff yummy, yummy. We both really liked it. So I told my husband this morning that I plan on making this dish at least once every month or so. So I will share the basic recipe with the additions I made. Here it is.
TERYAKI CHICKEN WITH RICE AND STEAMED VEGGIES.

1/2 cup Kikkoman teriyaki marinade and sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
1-1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts.(I used two frozen chicken breasts thawed). Cut crosswise into 1/2 inch slices.
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons canola oil
Hot cooked rice (I use Cal Rose short white) we call it sticky rice.
Steamed veggies. The recipe called for just broccoli but this what I did.
I nice size broccoli crown cut into segments. 
1 large red bell pepper sliced into rings seeds and membrane removed. I added this.
1 bunch of scallions sliced for garnish( I also added this).

Combine teriyaki and sugar in a measuring cup stirring until sugar dissolves.
Remove 3 tablespoons of mixture and pour over chicken slices in a zip lock bag. Press air out of bag and close then mesh the chicken up with sauce. Marinate 15 minutes.
Meanwhile add enough water to the remaining teriyaki mixture to make 2/3 cup. blend in cornstarch.
Heat oil in skillet and add chicken and saute about five minutes or so until chicken is just done.
Add the sauce mixture, cook stirring until the mixture thickens slightly.
Spoon chicken over rice in bowls. Serve steamed veggies on top and sprinkle with scallions.
Hubby added some Sirracha(Rooster as we call it) in little drops around the sides of his bowl.
I put the broccoli and pepper rings in my steamer and cooked till barely tender.
This is one good recipe if you like a little Asian flare.

As I have a few family members living in Washington State and mainly Huskies fans this is a fun game for us to taunt one another. All in good fun believe me but still........OREGON needs to win.

So off I go to enjoy this day. Hubby has the hot tub ready and hot. He is going to take a soak tonight but I am sure I am going to pass. Perhaps tomorrow night for me.

Enjoy the game if you are fan.
GO DUCKS!






No comments:

Post a Comment