Thursday, October 17, 2013

PERHAPS

Maybe, perhaps, we have found a trailer. I am going to say this however. In the tiny short size we need to fit in our space at the house we have to give up some things.
We are hoping to get one with a slide but have not found a plan that we like. Most of our dissapointment has to do with the bed. We found a great deal on a R-Pod. A small retro look, very well built right here in Harrisburg OR (our neighbor.) The bed and bath though are not doable plus there is no oven a must for us as we like to buy pizza and bake it as well as roasted chicken etc.
The closet thing we found in our budget is a 2010 Northwood made by Nash. Good quality, 17 ft long, no slide. But what we do like about it is there is a very large sofa that pulls out to an oversize queen size bed(very cozy). Not a jackknife but a pull out so it is wide enough and plenty long for hubby's 6'2 plus frame. So it would be our sofa by day and bed by night. There is slide out bunk above that would hold all of our bedding and foam pad to put on the bed. I know it sounds like a hassle but would be more comfortable than a full size bed stuck in a corner of the trailer or two bunk beds or the other option which is a bed right in the main area and no sofa. We use a sofa a lot so it is a must for us. So those are our choices in that length trailer.
So we will look at it again on Saturday but we are in no rush. The short trailers are very hard to find however. And we want to buy in the Eugene/Springfield area for servicing or other issues we could have.
I must say we got quite excited yesterday. We have missed R-ving very much. First trip my hubby says is Lincoln City for a few days. So we are looking forward to that as we have not been there for well over a year now.

We looked at all the RV lots yesterday in Eugene, so we skipped stopping to see my mother in law and a good thing as she was down the street here at hubby's sisters home. So it worked out. We got home about three pm and I was so thirsty and it was so warm and wonderful on the deck. I sat out our chairs and little table and made myself a gin and tonic with lemon over lots of ice and oh my it went down fast as it was so refreshing. So I wound up making us a little snack plate and had two more G&T's. It was fun on the deck we spent a couple of hours talking about a trailer and making plans. Then my husband walked down the street to visit his family and I started prep work for our steak taco dinner.

We ate and watched the movie "Mrs. Pettigrew" with Amy Adams(love her) and Francis McDerment we like her a lot also. Anyhow a funny cute film. We then watched "Survivor" as hubby had DVR'd it. We barely stayed awake to the finish. Then off to bed, right to sleep but we both woke about two AM and there was no more sleep. Hubby finally drifted off about four something but my eyelids were twitching and I could not shut my mind down. So needless to say I am a little tired today. I am thinking I had trailer fever!

Tonight we are having comfort food. I am making chicken fried steaks out of cube steak the way we like it with mashed potatoes, gravy and boiled carrots with butter and parsley. I am going to finally make that lemon pie cake today. As we were not home yesterday I did not make it.

I need to hang my Halloween lights around my nook window today as I do every year and then my Halloween decor is done. The front door area looks cute though simple and my dining table is very festive with a fall garland of leaves twining about red and orange candles, colorful gourds and my little witch.

I am off now to finish my daily house chores and then onto baking. I will spend some time this afternoon online checking out travel trailers in our area on Craigslist and the RV Trader.
Adios.




No comments:

Post a Comment