Tuesday, October 1, 2013

BABY OLIVIA



Posted by PicasaHere she is, how perfect. Beautiful complexion,turned up nose,rosebud lips, I love her so. She has so many to love her. Lets see three grandpa's, two grandma's, I am not sure how many great grandma's and grandpa's but there are few of us. Lot of aunts, cousins, great aunts and uncles and on and on. WOW! She is a very blessed little girl. Considering her two boy cousins whom are just months older than she is, well I am thinking that Olivia will be a princess indeed! I am so happy for the whole family, this is a blessed event and I cannot wait to hold that little one in my arms and tell her what she means to me.

It has been a day. I am still hyper because Olivia has arrived, but also a lot on my plate today. Tons of office work to attend to, more tomatoes to roast, house to clean, laundry to attend to and hubby is home interrupting me every second it seems. My day and thoughts are scattered and I so dislike that. Thank goodness I do not have to make dinner this evening or it could be something really ugly. I made BLT's for lunch today and burned the bacon......yikes. My mind was on my new great granddaughter and I just spaced on the bacon sizzling away in an ultra hot pan. Good grief Zo get a grip! And so the day has gone, skipping from chore to another acting like I have ADHD. I seem to finally have mellowed out a little now but only thanks to a glass of wine. The wine has settled me and relaxed me thank goodness. What would I do without vino! My only drink of choice. I guess our ancestors throughout the centuries knew a good thing when they saw it. The wine flowed even back beyond the birth of Christ and has continued onward. Thank you grapes!

So now it is after four and the day is winding down. The screen was delivered here Fed-Ex today for my mother in law. It took a day less than a week to come from Maine and that was ground delivery. That is very efficient  So tomorrow my hubby will take the screen to his Momma's and set it up and that will give her privacy in her small room. As two people share a room it will be nice for her to be able to read in the evening without bothering her roommate and to have privacy throughout the day when she needs it. She can fold it out as much as she likes or not at all.

The sky is breaking more as the day goes on. Now it is mostly blue sky with a few large puffy gray and white clouds about. The rest of the week is to be nice. Sun and warmth. I am so ready this early storm has put a damper on a lot of folks. I read in the paper that our wine growers in the valley are jumping through hoops trying to save the 2013 harvest. They thought they would have one of the best harvests in history with the hot temps this summer. But then the rain and lots of it. There is mold on the vines and stunting the grapes. Also the apple and cherry and peach crops are threatened. We know, as if you remember I said I picked all those green and orange tomatoes a few days ago before the big rain and wind storm. Well they are rotting now. Before the big storm we had a lot of rain daily and that is what caused it. So as they ripen in the bags they have brown spots and soft spots. So out they go! Darn. But I am thankful we put so many plants in as I said and we have 26 quarts of pasta and tomato sauce(made one more today). We still have one bowl full for eating fresh and then we are done. I would assume the antioxidant levels in our bodies are huge! Eating loads of tomatoes everyday now for well over a month I think is beyond healthy. 

Tomorrow I am off to a few stores as well as running some business errands. So a busy day for me. I like that. Hubby will be home taking care of his to-do list which is rather long at this point in time.

We talked today and decided to have slow cooker Sloppy Joe's and potato salad for Saturday's game. I am going to buy the little Hawaiian buns for the sloppy Joe's. Whenever we like we can go grab a soft bun and fill it with the mixture out of the slow cooker, top with some fresh chopped onion and some Italian shredded cheese put the bun top on and enjoy with some potato salad and a big dill pickle. Sounds good as the game starts at three and we can graze all afternoon and early evening until the game is over. I am going to buy a nice bottle of red zin to go with the meal. Hmm I think my taste buds are getting more than ready just by thinking about it.

I will go now. I need to make up the roasted tomatoes into sauce. This jar I will take to my sons when I go care for him after his knee replacement surgery. I put fresh herbs(rosemary and thyme), oregano  garlic, onions, peppers etc along with the tomatoes and olive oil to roast so I need to do nothing when I serve it up but thaw and heat and serve over pasta.

Well I will leave you now. Time for another glass of wine and put my nose in my book....ahh.



No comments:

Post a Comment