Monday, October 21, 2013

OUR FALL TREES


Posted by PicasaThis is my view from our living room windows. I love the trees in our neighborhood they are a blaze of color now.
We have been having fog in the mornings, mostly it has burned off by noon but yesterday it was 2PM. When the sun does make an appearance it gets warm very quickly. We enjoyed time on the deck again yesterday. This has been a amazing October.

I have not posted since the 17th we have been busy. Looked again on Saturday at travel trailers. Still interested in the Nash 17 ft. So we made a offer over the weekend on it. However it is on the lot on consignment so we are waiting to hear back today. We will not go higher so it will be or not be.

So we had the OREGON vs WASU football game this past Saturday. We were the cute ones on the field in the pink helmets, socks and gloves. All in the effort to raise breast cancer awareness and some money for the cause. The helmets will be signed and auctioned off.
The Ducks started out a little rough and rattled once more. I thought perhaps their pink colors were going to be a determent. But they pulled themselves together as always and we walloped WA. state. Now what did bother me however was in the 4th quarter and we put in our scout team(basically our 3rd sting players) WA state kept in their starters both on defense and offense. What? Who does that?
How disgraceful on their part trying to rack up points in the last few minutes of the game to add to their stats as they had no chance of winning. Our defensive coach was quoted as saying,"that was very low class of them". I agree.
Now we move on to UCLA this weekend. It sounds as GAME DAY will be here once again. Always makes it so special and festive when they come. The city goes crazy here. There will be a home game at OREGON STATE as well so I-5 will certainly be crowded.

Well hubby is off to work today and will be working this week. So I have the house to myself. When my husband is home seems he is always in the kitchen making a snack or wanting to cook something up or making salsa or pickled peppers or anything spicy hot! 
We had a very good meal for the game Saturday. After returning home from trailer shopping we hit the deck in the hot sun and had drinks and a snack as we had had no lunch. Later hubby got the chimney starter going and the little Weber was ready to roll. I had roasted St. Louis spare ribs earlier. I had my Carolina mop sauce made up. So we put the ribs on the grill and hubby put in some mesquite chips for smoke and I mopped the ribs and he turned them frequently until they were all sticky and crispy black along the edges. Just the way we love them. I added to our early dinner baked beans and coleslaw I had made that morning. So we watched other college games while licking carolina sauce from our fingers and gnawing on bones. Before the OREGON game started we were through with dinner and I had the mess cleaned up. 


I am making biscuits tonight as I am craving them once again......silly girl. Nothing taste better to me than a hot golden biscuit with a smear of real butter and a squeeze of honey dripping over the edges. I will make a chicken soup with veggies to go with.

I have made arrangements to go to my daughters on the weekend of November 1st. So that is when I will meet my little great granddaughter Olivia. So I will be going shopping for her soon I can hardly wait!!!! Baby girls are so fun to shop for.
My daughter and I are going to have gal time as no one will be at her home. Just the two of us chatting it up, doing our thing, no men. No one to please but ourselves. Sounds like a great weekend.

Well I will sign off now and get on with my chores. I am ready to enjoy yet another amazing October day.

No comments:

Post a Comment