Friday, October 4, 2013

COLLECTIBLE TOY FROM THE 50'S


Posted by PicasaThis toy was given to my husband from one his clients. It is a 1950's collectible worth a few hundred dollars. It is in really good shape. He also gave him a collectible Oregon University Duck puppet. We have added both to our family room which becomes a OREGON shrine at football season.

So there is a game tomorrow at 3PM. Much nicer than last weeks game where everyone nodded off before it's finish.
So the Ducks are off to Colorado. I do look forward to game days as they are play days in this household. Fun food,lots of drinks, high fives, duck lips whistling, lots of cheering and hand clapping. Well of course all that is when we are winning. The other side, the dark side, is cursing, throwing things, knocked over drinks, flinging ones OREGON shirt to the floor and stamping on it.....well only once and not by me. 

Today is to be one of our beautiful sunny days we were all looking forward to. So it is now 2:00 PM and we are still in fog and clouds. Bah,hum,bug!!!!! Half of the day is gone and still no sun. I have been waiting to go the farm for a few veggies and some apples to bake a pie. I like to go on a clear day as it is so pretty out in the country.
Hubby did need to finish the job up the McKenzie today. He will be home any moment and then is starting the outdoor work and will finish up tomorrow. I am sure he wanted to do his work in the warm sunshine also instead of damp dreary cold.

Please no more caveman pop's for this cave!
I followed Pioneer's woman's recipe to the T. I marinated the turkey legs for four hours, I made the rub just like hers except cut back on the chili powder. I prepared them as she said. The trouble started when I was to turn the oven down after a half hour at 400 degree's dropping it to 300 degree's. The legs were barely brown. I kept it on 300 as directed but after twenty minutes they still were not browning or getting a crispy skin so I cranked the oven back up to no avail. No crisp. The skin was flabby and they were not juicy as I cooked them an extra fifteen minutes trying for the crispy brown skin.
So we ate them, but enjoy them.....NO. So the caveman pop's recipe went into the recycle bin. 
That happens every blue moon you know. So no big deal but it is a shame as you take time to make it then it is not good so it is disappointing.

Tonight's meal is a simple little thing as I do not feel like putting myself out. I am making a garden salad with home made honey mustard dressing and am making an extra big batch as it will also serve as a dip for the crispy crunchy chicken strips I am making. I am trying to atone for last nights disaster. We wanted CRISPY. So tonight we will have it.
I was going to make that pie and I still may but more than likely as it is getting on in the day I will do that in the morning.

Crazy wild dreams before waking this morning. I was flying in a warm sunny sky. I love my flying dreams just soaring like a large bird. Anyhow I was over a lake that had a lot of shallow water here and there. I wanted to land in the water and swim to one of the low water area's and then get out and take a walk in the woods. I started to proceed with my plan when I happened to notice movement coming out of the woods. I watched as a lone black wolf sauntered out of the trees sniffing at the vegetation and meandered through the low water. He raised his head to the sky and I knew that he saw me flying. Now I was fearful to land but oh I had to go pee so bad and could not do that while flying so I knew I had to set down. I waited as long as possible and then swooped in on the far bank. The wolf raised his head and looked my direction but went on eating. I stood there watching him for a short while and soon he just walked back into the woods not giving me a thought.
I started to walk along the shoreline and soon came to a trail of sorts. It was grown up with weeds but it was still defined enough to make out.
Shortly I came into a little city. Next I found myself in a hotel. The person at the desk asked if I needed help and I replied I needed to use the bathroom facilities. He was very nice and directed me to the elevator adjacent to his desk. I thanked him and turned to walk to the elevator when I realized I had no underwear on. I also knew my skirt was very short so I surmised my bottom must have been hanging out. I was so embarrassed(bareassed)I should say but had no recourse but to punch the button on the elevator and go up as I was ready to pee my nonexistent panties. As the door opened and I stepped inside I woke up.
What the hey? What kind of dorky dream is that? And why didn't I go pee in the woods?
I will say one thing my bladder was ready to burst when I woke so I flew(on my legs)to the bathroom.

Well on that silly worthless dream I will close. Hubby should be home any minute and I need to pull my rig out the garage so we can do a switch-a-roo. Since we have three vehicles now we have to do that occasionally. A pain but that is how it is.

I may not post tomorrow as it will be game day and a FUN one as we will be winners. GO DUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment