Wednesday, October 30, 2013

SIUSLAW RV MARINA TRIP....FLORENCE OR.



Posted by PicasaWe just returned this morning from our little mini trip(2 nights) in our little mini trailer. We made this little trip to see if everything in the trailer was working properly and it is except we had a small toilet leak once but no more. So hubby will check it out again and if it occurs we will take it in to have it fixed at no charge to us.
Over all everything went well. The truck pulled the little trailer effortlessly. Took us a while to set up the trailer as we are newbies. Having had motor homes it is different you just pull in and hit your electric leveling system and plug in! But in no time we will be experts. My husband is much happier driving the truck and hauling the small trailer than driving a big motor coach bopping down the highway.

Both days we had beautiful weather. You know those deep intense blue skies at the coast when it is cold? And it was brisk when the wind came at times but overall we sat out at the table both days and enjoyed the warmth of the sun.
We walked to Old Town both days as you are right adjacent to the boardwalk that takes you to that sweet little town. We had lunch both days at two different places. Our fave to have chowder, is the old Beachfront Bar and Grill. Good pub grub. I do wish that place was close by us. The second day we went for clam strips and drinks at a restaurant on the river. So we walked the boardwalk and looked at the boats in the Marina and popped into shops to browse. We also watched a tugboat sitting right in front of our RV spot hook onto an old barge and haul it up river this event took two days to get it ready. Then when they did leave they almost smashed their pilot boat between the dock and tugboat, there was much hollering. We watched a pair of seals each day also right in front of our picnic table as they frolicked and fished. If I was not leaving for my daughters Saturday morning we would have stayed another night. But I feel I would have felt to pushed to get all needs done before going if we extended.
Anyone that knows us well knows about extending........We never go for how long we say. We always extend the stay sometimes by two days but most always by one.
My son Michael called me while we were there and before hanging up he said, so are you extending? See they all know.
I will see Mike when I go to my daughters this coming weekend. He will join us Sunday morning at Gina's house for coffee. So I will have the lovely privilege of being in the company of my dear children. 

We were home early as it is only a little over an hour drive home. So I took out our clothing and emptied the fridge and cleaned. Quick and easy. Then we had lunch and I sat in my chair and dropped off to sleep while reading the paper. I was so tired even though we slept well the bed was comfy. However I guess the fresh air and being busy all day took it's toll.

I will end this now as I must make us some sort of fare for dinner. I will say this it will not be gourmet it is going to be easy and quick as we will not last long this evening.

Have a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment