Tuesday, October 15, 2013

IT IS LATE

Here it is almost ten pm. Hubby is out in the hot tub and it is such a gorgeous evening I should be out there also.  But I am tired and did not need the hot tub to make me even more tired. Also I went on a long walk today and I thought perhaps the spa may dehydrate me and I would have leg cramps. So I made a decision logically instead of doing what my heart wanted to do.
So I will write a bit and then off to bed with my huge book "Cold Mountain" not the easiest book to read in bed, it is heavy. It is very detailed of course in describing the civil war and all the gore that you can imagine. But unfortunately all is more than likely true. It is unfolding to be a very good read.

We had a nice day today but for some reason I was out of sorts. Do you ever get that way? No reason really just hard to stay in a good mood.
We both went to the grocery store as we decided as it was such a splendid day that we needed to grill steaks tonight outdoors. So we went in search of superb rib eyes and a bottle of good red wine. I made a green salad to go with and my mom's Russian dressing. I put butter and blue cheese crumbles on our steaks while they were resting. They were so juicy and perfectly grilled. Our dinner was yummy.
We sat on the deck earlier and enjoyed the sun and warmth. We also played cards after dinner. So in all a very nice day and evening.

I am going to bed now and I will take my book and try to prop it in some manner so I can read it without dropping it.
Have a nice Tuesday night.
Ah sleep is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment