Friday, October 11, 2013

TERIAKYI CHICKEN AND RICE WITH STEAMED VEGGIES


Posted by PicasaThis is a photo of the recipe I am going to make this evening. Only I am adding red bell pepper strips to the brocoli and a scattering of sliced scallions over the top and the dish will be served in deep bowls. Looks good and I am anxious to make it. I love Asian food but my husband is not a big fan but will eat it of course. So I decided that tonight I will make something for my dining pleasure.
I am also going to make those apple cider doughnuts that I still have not made. As we did not have my mother in law for dinner I did not make them as we have been making our way through the apple pie. so hopefully this afternoon I will be little ol' doughnut maker Zo.

It sounds like tomorrow it is Papa Murphy's for the game. I am not crazy about this pizza but I am not wanting to make pizza and there is not a pizza place in our area that we care for. Our favorite pizza is over in east Springfield quite a drive for us. So is it worth the drive? Maybe but neither of us want to do that tomorrow. I will make some snacks for earlier. We are looking forward to this game but rather nervous also. Washington is not to be taken lightly this season. 

I have to thank my husband for his hard work around our home yesterday. He had the day off, yeah sure! This is what he got accomplished.
Gutters cleaned,the entire house power washed, moss control on the roof. His vehicles power washed, the driveway approach and sidewalks power washed, the hot tub power washed and cleaned as well as the filters, filled and heated. He was amazing.
His next day off if it is not raining he will trim the hedge in back and strip the garden area and he is done! These things have been on his agenda for quite some time but every time he has made plans to do them, he either winds up with a job, or it rains. So good accomplishment yesterday my husband. He is on the job site today but has the weekend off. So we will play tomorrow, game day.

I went out to the deck and worked this morning and put all items undercover(the eves)that are not stored in the garage or garden shed and cut back the rosemary in the barrel that was encroaching on the hot tub. It is good to cut it back regardless. I put some in a vase for the kitchen window. I love the smell of rosemary it is so pungent. I washed the outside windows also. The pressure washer did a great job of releasing all the grim but still of course they need glass cleaner for shine. I cleaned my entry and back door. They are both a rusty red color and look great when clean, not so great when dusty and dull.
The front step area is so nice now since being power washed yesterday. Our concrete looks brand new again.
So this afternoon along with doughnut making I am going to get my Halloween decor up. I was going to do that a couple of days ago but hubby said don't as he would have to remove it when he power washed the house.

I will post the teriakyi and rice recipe tomorrow if it is a keeper. I think it will be perfect as I can tell by the ingredients. Oh that dinner sounds so yummy to me. A deep bowl of rice and meat in a glazy sauce with a topping of steamed veggies. Heaven.

I am leaving you now as I have too many things yet to do today. I want to have time at the end of the day to call my brother so we can discuss the game tomorrow as he lives in Washington and I am sure he will be going for the Huskies but he is also a Duck fan so it will be a fun game for him.

See ya tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment