Wednesday, October 23, 2013

STOCKING UP

Just returned from Walmart and $98 dollars later I have supplies for the new little trailer. These are mostly disposable items that will be used up at some point but in the beginning you need it all. I did buy a small lamp for our table. We always have a lamp on our table as it is cozy plus we need it to play games in the evening. The one I had for our last RV found a new home and sits on our nook table. I also bought a free standing paper towel holder as I gave my other to my son. I needed a little clock but did not find anything at WM. Will look elsewhere when I look for throw rugs and toss pillows and bed pillows. I will make do with what we have on hand for this trip. I forget a garbage can as the one I had in our motor coach is now our recycle bin as it fits perfectly in a cabinet in the kitchen. I also need a shower caddie and few other things so I will be gathering for a while.

Today is my grandson's 30th birthday.
Tyson has always been such a pleasure and I am so thankful for his presence in my life. Thanks to the generosity of Tyson's parents I had him every summer for a couple of weeks and also during other parts of the year. The first time I kept him he was two and he did so well being away from his mom and dad. When he came in the summer my hubby and I made it a good time for him. We always did something usually camping in either our boat with sleeping quarters or a RV. So we were off to the high lakes of Central Oregon where we lived. Tyson loved to fish as does my husband so the two would spend hours with their poles dangling in streams or lake. They would catch many fish too. We would eat them at night and that little boy could put down the fish. One evening he ate five good size trout. We were amazed. He also loved to hike in the cascade mountains with us. He would trudge along like a trouper.
When we had our big cabin cruiser boat hubby and Tyson would dive from the bow over the high rail. Everything my husband did to show off Ty would do right after him. On a funny note on that very boat Ty got sick to his stomach. He came to me and said grammy I feel like I am going to puke. I told him to hang over the boat, he did and did his business. He said, I must be seasick. I said, do you think it could be those half dozen peanut butter and jam sandwiches you had?
Anyhow there were great times with that kid. After he graduated high school he lived with us for one year and went to college here in Eugene. So that young man who is now 30 will always have a piece of my heart. He knows it and treats me with so much respect always has. I sure love him. I know he will have an amazing day celebrating with his little family enjoying his new baby girl.

Well I have had my break now. I still have much to accomplish today.
We are having a light dinner as we decided this morning we are going to take a hot tub this evening. The sky has been so beautiful at night clear with a dazzling array of stars and bright autumn moon. The fog has been coming in at night but not till late.
So I am going to have bakers for dinner with lots of fresh toppings and a side of aspargus and that is it. That will fill us but it will not be a heavy meal.

I am off now to fold clothes and get more into the washer. It is such a stellar day I would like to go sit on the deck as I did yesterday about three or so.
Better enjoy this weather as we are pushing the envelope now and rain will be the nature of the day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment