Thursday, October 3, 2013

CAVEMAN POPS


Posted by PicasaWhat we have here is a Caveman Pop aka turkey drumstick. This photo and recipe is from Dee Drumond's Pioneer Woman blog.
You brine these fat little gus first and then put a dry rub on and roast in a baking pan in the oven. I am trying them tonight. So I will let you know what I think tomorrow. They sure look yummy. I am going to serve them with smashed red potatoes with turkey gravy and sliced tomatoes and cucumber salad.

It is wet fog this morning. Yes the air is so heavy it is dripping. This is suppose to go away and sun is to come in. I surely hope so as this is just plain icky.

Hubby is off up the McKenzie installing a laminate floor today, hopefully it will be a one day job as there is much around the house here that he needs to attend to the next couple of days. There will be a window of nice weather to get all the outdoor things completed.

I found good little buns yesterday for our sloppy joe's for game day. They are small just the right size for multiple trips to the slow cooker. We are looking forward to the game as always even though it will probably not be much of a game.


Tonight we watch Nashville my fave TV series. I love the show we have watched it from the onset and we like all the characters and some of them are so talented. We recorded as it was on at ten last night. That is too late for us to be watching the telle on a work night. Also Boardwalk Empire has started it's season again. We like that series set in the prohibition days in New Jersey. Back in my folks era.I like the sets, clothing and cars. How things have changed in such a short time.

I did have such a busy morning yesterday. First stop Walmart I go there twice a month for my paper supplies, personal care products, and a few groceries. Then onto Freddie's where I buy the bulk of my groceries every week, then to the bank, Office Max, and finally the meat market for their specials. So it was a big trip. Then home to put all that stuff away, that is what I dread. At least my husband was home so I did not need to unload my rig. After all was put in their proper places, I had something to eat I felt like I was running on empty. So after a big bowl of ramen noodles I managed to do four loads of laundry and clean the bathrooms.
My hubby was on the computer taking additional CCB schooling in order to renew his contractors license  They make you do this every two years when you renew. The state makes money and you have to do it or no license. It truthfully is a irritation and costly.

I got dressed early this morning as we are expecting a delivery of materials from one of our suppliers in Portland. I never know when they are going to arrive so I must be here and presentable.

I am going to make nutmeg doughnuts today. I clipped this recipe sometime back. I do not have the best luck with deep fry. Either too hot or not hot enough....well you know. I have a deep fry gauge and the right pot etc. I need to get better at this. Last time was better I made apple fritters and they were perfect so perhaps the doughnuts will be amazing. I sure hope so.

Well I have chatted enough, more than enough.
Off I go to get my house cleaned, the brine made for my caveman pops and my doughnuts made.
Have a nice Thursday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment