Saturday, October 26, 2013

LIME GREEN ACCENTS BECAUSE.................

Well this is what happens to me sometimes. I let my pocketbook dictate my buying and decorating choices.
So I am at Freddie's this morning checking out kitchen garbage cans with a foot pedal and lid. Everything is so expensive and in the black and stainless steel the size I needed was sold out. So I wandered down to the end of the isle and guess what?  There was the cutest bright lime green(is lime green anything but bright?) anyhow actually there were two choices, a purple one too. Just the perfect size both had black lids. Too cute. So my mind is flying about recklessly. I am thinking lime green would brighten things up considerably even if I used it sparingly. So I bought it for a glorious 50% off and put it in it's place in the tiny trailer. This looks ok I thought I just need to tie it in with something. So I added my lime green and black fleece froggy blanket that I was going to put in there anyhow but hidden up in the cupboard. But I folded it into a rectangle and laid it across one end of the sofa. Next I added a lime and dark green kleenex box, and to the stove fan hood I added two lime green magnets. Next I placed a small photo in a green frame of our OREGON DUCK mascot and I set that on the shelf behind the sofa. Now all I need is a couple plush comfy fleece pillows for the sofa. I have leeway as to what the colors could be, as there are several in the sofa fabric. So we will see what happens as I am now stuck with the lime green and black kitchen garbage can.
I am a crazy woman!

Well it has been a crazy busy day for sure. I am taking a break now but this is the first since early morning. I tidy'd the house first thing this morning while sipping my coffee, then showered, dressed and off to Fred's for a few things for our little trip and drinks for the game today. Home to stash all away either in the Hobbit trailer or house. I hung some items in the trailer, clock, key holder and an old little black pot bellied stove temperature gauge that I have always put up in all of our RV's as my Mother always had it her trailers. 
Next I prepared our veggies to go with our chicken wings, next made two different rubs for our wings a mild one for me a spicy hot one for hubby. I will serve with Mommy's blue cheese dressing.

I splurged at the grocery shop while shopping for our wine for the trip, I picked up a bottle of port. Port is aged for years and the more you can afford to pay for the bottle the better and older it is.  I tried it several years ago and find I really like this good stuff for a small glass to sip after dinner. Or if out in the cold while camping it is a throat and tummy warmer when sipped.

Now since I have been sitting here I have crashed. Darn. The game starts in an hour and a half and I need to get my gnome up. 

Now I must share with you how silly hubby and I were last night.
After getting the Hobbit trailer set up we sat at the table with the heater going, it warmed up so quickly and the little lamp was glowing making all look so comfy. Hubby put a CD in the player and the stereo is amazing, a really good sound with two generous speakers in the ceiling. So the next thing we know we are going to house for a bottle of wine and our quintessential can of peanuts. We sat and talked and planned trips and I said, how about a Yahtzee game? Great idea hubby said. So back to the house for the game. We stayed there in the little trailer in the parking spot by our garage for a couple of hours. My husband said, you know we could just stay out here every once in a while and not go anywhere at all, it would be much cheaper.........good grief! I made me think though.
Yes we two are a little different but we are both the same different so it works.

On that grand thought I will leave now and get on to a couple things I must do before game time and hopefully I will wake up.

GO DUCKS. A must win once more.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment