Tuesday, October 22, 2013

PLANS AND MORE PLANS

My head is spinning. Plans and plans.
Life is busy at the moment and will get busier in days to come.

So yesterday I wrote that we had bought the little trailer and would be taking it to Richardson Park. But we will not as that park closed mid-October. So the new plan is this. We head for Florence and the Siuslaw marina RV park on Monday and will spend two nights. I will leave for Portland three days after returning from that beach trip to spend time with my daughter and met my great granddaughter.
In the meantime we pick up the trailer Thursday afternoon late or Friday morning. Then it needs to be loaded. First time setting up is always difficult as you need put everything in. Also we are having company for dinner Friday evening. The game is Saturday so hopefully I will have time to finish loading and clean the truck inside. Sunday I will make ahead a couple food items to take and pack the food and our clothing in the trailer. Monday morning we are out the door early. So I will stay busy for sure these next few days.

Starting today I am digging into my big totes of RV supplies and essentials. Of course I really need to pare down as our trailer is half the size of our other RV. So today will be a day of sorting and cleaning and getting all ready to load. I must also run to the farm for the weekly produce as I did not get that done yesterday.

I loved our meal last night as you know I made biscuits. I have mastered this biscuit recipe they are so high, I cut them thick, they are fluffy and oh so tender. My trick? The recipe calls for buttermilk which I never have on hand so I add sour cream and then a splash of milk or two to get the dough to come together. I handle it very little roll just to even out and cut thick biscuits. I was in mouthwatering heaven last night as I buttered a hot golden biscuit right out the oven and drizzled it with honey. Oh my word!
Our soup was very good also and extremely simple as all I used was chicken thighs and fresh thyme, salt, pepper and onions, spiral noodles and broth and my usual squirt or two of my secret weapon(ketchup). I will have the leftover soup today for lunch. And you know I will have a biscuit too.

Tonight we are having a mac and two cheese casserole with sausage chunks and a topping of tomatoes and breadcrumbs and butter. I will have a green salad to the side.

I have decided to make for our company Friday evening one of my hubby's fave recipes.
Creamy, Cheesy, Chicken enchilada's. It makes a nice size casserole and I will serve black beans and salad to go with. Ice cream sundaes with homemade caramel sauce and nut topping will top off our meal. As I have no time to bake I thought the sundaes would be adequate.

Well as I have so much to do I had better get at it. It is a sunny fall day here today. The sunlight glittering through the trees is a lovely sight.
It was cold however this AM when we jostled ourselves from sleep and left our warm nest.

Off I go I will post when I have time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment