Friday, January 10, 2014

CAMPING PARENTS

I love this photo of my parents. They were camping at La Pine state park. We were all together a big clan of campers.
I still cannot conceive how my mother could be prepared to make bake goods, huge meals, glorious snacks, mouth watering breakfasts out of their small trailer. No wonder my father quipped it was so hard to tow as it weighed a ton. 
I remember one time so vividly. My mother, daughter and myself went blackberry picking while camping on the Umqua river. I assumed we were just going to eat them in their natural state. But no when we returned to the campground my mother took the bucket of berries and preceded to make a deep dish berry pie. Absolutely amazing! Crust from the scracth the whole works and it was so delish out there camping in the woods. We always had a grand time camping with them both. Dad would have his drinks around the campfire and his stories would keep us entertained for hours. I miss those times but I am so thankful I have the memories.

Well as I mentioned we are having salmon in a lemon cream sauce for dinner tonight. I will start my daughters yeast rolls about four or so.That should give the dough adequate time to raise, then I will form the rolls and let them raise again.
I am really going to try hard not to overindulge on the rolls. I have managed to rid my body of the extra pounds I picked up over the holidays. I do not want them returning. It was not hard to lose the weight really. I have just been eating quite skimpy portions and staying away from deserts and high calorie foods.I have also cut back on wine consumption. Alcohol is fattening!

I still cannot send photo's directly from Picasa to this blog. So that means if that problem cannot be rectified I will have some strange food photo's on here as they will not be cropped etc. I so want to fix the problem it is always on my mind and I am spending way to much time on this computer trying to get it sorted out.

We are so wanting to get away for a few days but work in just spotty enough that it does not allow a few days in a row. We need the work so I am not complaining but it is time for a trip. It is always spur of moment it seems as sometimes we will get a delay or a cancellation or some other reason. Then we have to act fast, pack and leave! I lot of folks would not like that but I do. It is rather exciting.
My hubby is in the process of buying a step for the high 4x4 truck we tow the trailer with. Then I will not have to struggle getting in. The tires are big and the truck sits high off the ground and I am shrinking daily it seems in stature. So the little step will surely make it easier to get into the cab.

So we want to make three trips in the near future. To my brothers(no trailer involved) we will spend two nights. We want to make a trip to the coast, either Newport or Lincoln city and then also up to Belknap Springs which is an hour and half from our home. But we do not want to deal with snow towing the trailer so we will have to watch the road reports as the springs is up on the McKenzie. When we had our A class motor coach we spent Christmas there with my son. We all got snowed in. What was going to be a three night trip turned into a six night trip. It snowed continually for three days and then did not melt. So we had to wait for snow plows to clear the highway.

I need to attend to some phone calls for the business. I will be happy when the advertising is set for the year.

Have a nice Friday the weekend is upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment