Friday, January 24, 2014

OUR LITTLE FRIEND

One of our little friends, actually we have several of these bushy friends that we enjoy watching. The best part is we do not need to feed them as our neighbor Dee takes care of that. They bring their nuts to our fence or deck and eat or bury them in my flower pots and garden.....laugh. They are so humerous though running the lattice railings and scampering across the deck.

I am on the top of the world today as it is another sunny day. It was gorgeous yesterday also. There is not a cloud to be seen. It is cold and clear. I like that. Everything had a thick coating of frost this morning. Now the sun has everything a sparkle.

I did not post yesterday as I had such a busy non-stop day. I was so tired last night.
I went on a shopping spree two grocery stores and Walmart and banking and picked up supplies for my husband. I did not get through putting all I purchased away until mid afternoon. I then still had other chores to do plus make dinner. I did find time to sit in my chair and put my nose in a book for a hour. This book is a hoot and I shall always keep it. The name of the book is "Big Stone Gap" by Adriana Trigiani. There is a review by Whoppi Goldberg on the back cover where she quips this is her favorite book of all time. I have to concur. It makes me laugh out loud in places and other places it hits home like a stone in my heart. The type of writing this woman puts out there is so true to how one actually feels when certain circumstances arrive in our lives. The story line is so well written with it's many crazy characters that the author brings to you bigger than life. Such a joy to read and I am almost finished with this superb book and that is not a good thing.

So what is going on in my kitchen today? Well very little actually. I made a delicious chicken pot pie from scratch last night. This is the third meal I made from the roasted chicken. See how far it goes? So tonight we will finish the pot pie with a green salad to the side. I am going to make lemon cookies however this afternoon if I feel in the mood.
I want to restock the travel trailer this afternoon with staples that I picked up yesterday. Also I need to work in the office and catch up on our business files and such. When my husband is busy I am busy in here. Also if it warms some this afternoon I am going to take a walk. I have not walked in the fog for it has been just brittle outdoors. So those are today's plans.

Either tomorrow afternoon or Sunday afternoon depending on when hubby has his half day we are going for a late lunch early dinner to the Steelhead Brewery. My husband loves their micro brews so I told him I would drive and forgo having anything alcoholic for lunch. The food at this brewery is quality and we both know all ready what we are having. Besides they also make yummy homemade root beer just like my mama did when I was a youngster. I remember her bottling it and it was such a tasty ice cold treat that we always looked forward to having.

As it is after nine AM I must get on with my day. I have much more energy when the sun is out it really does make a difference in ones mood.
Have a great day!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment