Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I AM CRAVING THIS CAKE

I am totally craving this cake even though I have half of a chocolate pudding pie sitting in the fridge. What is wrong with me? This is not good. I do love this cake though. It is a one bowl chocolate cake made from cocoa powder. It is rich, moist and lip smacking good. So lovely with a cup of hot tea. So I may need to make this little beauty next week.
Speaking of hot tea I am about ready to forget coffee and start drinking black tea. It so settles my tummy and coffee sometimes(most times) gives me a bit of indigestion. Knowing that tea is full of antioxidants as well as some caffeine which are both good for the body it encourages me to drink a couple cups a day. Besides I read all these books that take place in Europe especially the UK and all folks there are such tea drinkers. There is something I like about holding a mug of tea in ones hands to warm you in multiple ways.

As I look at my drink choices it reminds me I am a woman of few needs. I drink tea or coffee in the morning, water and perhaps sips of a sports drinks intermittently throughout the day my preferred brand is orange or grape Powerade. Then it is wine in late afternoon and with dinner. In the evening I always have my water while watching the telle. That is it folks, no soda's except on rare occasion, no fancy bottled drinks, no Starbucks offerings, no store bought ice tea's, Snapples etc. Basically if I had to choose but a few it would be, tea, water and wine. I could get by with those choices.

My summer dress/skirt will be here in about six days. Now I surely hope it fits. It is cute and I am looking forward to having it to wear this summer when we go to Crescent Lake and down to Seven Feathers RV resort and summer camping at Fern Ridge. My closet suffers and hubby knows this so he is always encouraging me to buy things. That is hard for me because I am picky and items either do not fit right, or they itch me, or they are too expensive(my perspective) or many other reasons. So it makes shopping hard for me and I do not like to shop anyway. I will wear the same things until they are worn thin. My daughter in her way told me I needed to buy some current style items. She was gentle about it but I got her drift. Time to update Mom was the idea. So I am trying what can I say I cannot keep wearing the same old rags year after year.
Truthfully my favorite attire is a comfy pair of jeans that fit well, a shirt or blouse with a snuggy hoodie over to hold me together.But I will try to put myself together a little better.

The Hungarian meal was so delish last night. My husband does such a good job on this dish.
He uses my big red pot and fills it with sweet peppers and onions and garlic, canned tomatoes, seasonings, lots of paprika and sliced kielbasa and lets it cook slow for a couple of hours. All cooks down into a wonderfully rich sauce tasting of green peppers and sausage and garlic. He then serves this tasty concoction over boiled potatoes. Last night he used yukon golds my favorite as they are so creamy. My contribution to this meal was broiled baguette slices with butter and parmesan cheese till crispy.
We are having the rest of this one pot meal this evening so I am going to bake bread or rolls today of some sort. I made sure I was stocked up on yeast and flour as I like to make bread products in my Kitchenaid Mixer.

We had a enjoyable afternoon and evening last night. Before my husband starting working in the kitchen we visited in the living room planning trips we want to take with the little trailer. After he had the pot filled and cooking we played Yahtzee at the nook table for money. Two bucks a game, betting always makes games more fun for us. My money bag is bulging and his is a lightweight but he won five dollars from me last night so that put a little more weight in his money pouch. We play with quarters. We then enjoyed our meal and cleaned the kitchen and watched the movie,"The Life of Pi". We had seen it before when it first came out. We like it. Then it was off to dreamland.

It is a gray with a little light rain so it is warmer today. I like that. The air even in the house feels fresher. We do need rain, as the greenery around the house is lacking water I notice. Everything outdoors looks so unkempt this time of year. I just put my blinders on as there is nothing I can do to make it better.

I actually crawled back into my still warm bed this morning after hubby left. He was out of the house at seven and I was still sleepy after making his breakfast and lunch. So I thought why not? I have nothing pressing today though I do have bills to make out and push through the mail drop. I want to bake bread and clean the floors in the main living area which is the kitchen, family room and nook. So an easy day without rushing.

I will start my day now, put on my fave house attire and tend to my projects. If I have time on my hands this afternoon I am going to scan some more old photo's. Fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment