Sunday, January 19, 2014

OUR GETAWAY

We just returned from Newport. We were there six days. Went a day earlier than planned and then extended for two more days. We could not come back to the fog and cold. All days there were sun filled, bright blue skies and the ocean the color of the Mediterranean sea and the frothy waves were crisp white. It was warm into the sixties and yesterday was so mild and warm it truly felt like spring. We were in shirt sleeves and comfortably warm sitting outdoors in our camp chairs with a view of Yaquina Bay and the marina. 
As we have the truck now to tour around in we were all over than that sweet beautiful coastal town. We loved Nye beach and went several times as well along the jetty road and south beach and also Agate beach. We strolled the Bay Front and bought fresh seafood and smoked salmon. We ate at Georgie's a restaurant in the Hallmark Inn on Elizabeth St. and overlooked the ocean while eating a seafood lunch.
We made two runs to the grocery stores for extra food items as I only packed food and wine for three days. What was I thinking? We usually always extend unless we have a job scheduled.
As we were fifty feet from the marina in Yaquina Bay we strolled the docks daily. There were lots of huge fishing boats, yachts and smaller pleasure craft. The large marina was basically full. We are attracted to boats and took our time exclaiming over this one and that. We walked a lot out on the long walking dock that stretches into the bay and across the way is the Bay Front. And of course we walked the beaches. So even though we did not particularly eat healthy and we consumed more wine than usual I doubt I gained weight as we were so mobile.
I so wish I could download photo's to this blog. I took probably fifty plus photo's. I will truly work on getting my photo's to publish on this blog even if I need to get a nerd to come take care of the problem. I am going to post a collage of photo's on FB soon.

We left at nine-thirty this morning under sunny skies and the drive home continued in the same manner until we left Pholomath and then the fog settled in thick, heavy and damp. Same when we pulled up in front of our house. Brrr cold 36 degree's and fog, fog, fog. So nasty.

I just came from helping hubby back the trailer into it's spot beside the garage. It is so frigid outdoors, my hands feel numb. I absolutely despise this freezing ugly fog and that is all the paper shows for the next six days. Bah-humbug! Well we can be thankful we were able to escape it for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment