Sunday, January 26, 2014

OUR HOUSE DOWN THE STREET

This is the yard of a house we built in 1995. It is located down the street from where we live now. We left this house in 98' to move back to Bend. I loved this house, though it was small it had a very open floor plan with vaulted ceilings and lots of storage. My hubby knocked himself out with the landscaping in both front and back yards including an amazing gazebo in the back with a hot tub tucked inside. I stroll by this house on my walks and the owners have kept it immaculate. They have changed the yard in the photo by taking out the pavers and making a square yard. The tulips are gone but the lady that lives there is certainly a gardener as her flowers are ever changing with the seasons and it is a cute yard and flower garden with an old fashioned flair.
I love looking back at our homes. Each one was different and unique. I would have so much fun when we moved in and I set it like a model home. The homes we built are all so loved by their owners and well taken care of. That makes me happy.

So Sunday today. A day of rest, well not for me today. As I feel full of energy as I slept well last night for a change. So I will do some catching up to make up for a few days I wasted being lazy.
I plan to bake today as I did not do that as planned. I will clean the back deck if the sun comes out this afternoon, I will wash our trailer bedding and replace it in the rv. And it is a personal grooming day for me. I will spoil myself a bit with a facial and do my nails etc.
Hubby is working a long day today.

Tonight for dinner we are having rueban sammies with white cheddar, corn beef, sauerkraut and thousand island dressing. I will make home made potato wedges to go with.
Our tuna salad last evening was wonderful. We need to do that more often. My hubby is always open to a good salad. I am going to make BLT salad before long it is so good with homemade ranch dressing.

It is foggy this morning but we are to have sun later. I hope so it so lifts ones spirits. 

I had a nice visit with my brother. He was up at Silver Lake in his second home there. He was sitting in his boat that was anchored at the shore and fishing for crappie and perch. I love that he is so active and enjoys his time in these later years of his life. It is what keeps him healthy physically and mentally.


So I am going to get on with my day.
I have read the big paper from front page to last page and downed two cups of strong coffee and a few animal crackers......I do this sometimes while having my coffee as the joe sometimes upsets my sensitive tummy. I am looking forward to my little lunch I am going to make a half of peanut butter and honey sandwich on 12 grain bread with a cup of hot tea. Doesn't that sound so good?
Bye now.


No comments:

Post a Comment