Wednesday, January 29, 2014

CARIBBEAN TRIPS

So here I am in my tan! Clockwise top, me on our veranda in Cancun. Middle photo a black me in Aruba, top right me Aruba, bottom right last day on Cancun I am sitting under the tree and not wanting to leave the beach, left bottom sitting at the pool waterfall at our hotel. We also went to St. Martin our last trip in the Caribbean west indies, so I may post a few of those at some point.

This has been fun going through our travel photo's. Some of them are so smeared, torn and ravaged it is a wonder I could get decent copies of them. When I am scanning the photo's and they come up big on the screen from the little photograph it is so fun as it brings back all those memories my hubby and I have. Each trip we took to the Caribbean was special. We always flew in, no cruises and spent two weeks. They were not thrifty trips but we were both making good money at that time and it was something we wanted to do. We do not regret it in any way as the trips brought us much pleasure and still do when we look back and remember the adventures.

We made the Aruba trip when I was 49 my daughters age now. I think I was spurred on to look at these photo's as Gina and Doug are leaving for Hawaii for 12 days on the 12th of February. It reminds me that I had fun too when I was that age. Not that I do not now but our fun times have a different venue called close to home......laugh. Our economic picture has changed since those days but it does not matter, fun is fun.

I just took two loaves of lemon nut bread out of the oven, oh the house smells lovely with hints of vanilla and lemon. I was going to make lemon cookies but changed my mind. 
It is Wednesday evening, yes I have posted three times today. Sometimes I am like that I just like being at the computer and writing. I am awaiting a call from my hubby as to what time we shall have dinner. He said this morning he would be late. It is not a big deal as it is just fish and risi e bisi. It takes a little stirring but not hard to make. It is like a risotto but a little different. Basically rice, peas and garlic, butter and olive oil. 

We really had gusty wind this afternoon. It would be very quiet, strangely calm but then the sky would go dark and dangerous looking and the wind would hit the house with a fury. The wind chimes were playing the craziest music. A couple of decor items flew off the fence railings and what brown disgusting leaves were left have left the premises. 
Now I am going to say good bye for sure. I do not think I have ever posted three times on this blog in one day. Sorry.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment